PDA

View Full Version : Advice please

handeme
11-05-2012, 11:05 AM
My 2 year old mindee has just been sick. She has played happily all morning, no problem all morning and has been sick whilst eating lunch. She seems fine now. She wad eating cucumber and was sick and I don't know if it was the texture of that, that made her gip and then be sick.

Would you send her home?

sarah707
11-05-2012, 11:20 AM
Temperature? Generally unwell? Others going down with sickness?

If none of the above I'd probably give it a little while and see what develops - little ones are often sick when they gag on something.

Hopefully it's nothing! :D

Kiddleywinks
11-05-2012, 11:28 AM
Agree with Sarah :thumbsup:

handeme
11-05-2012, 11:31 AM
She has been her normal happy self all morning. No other's with sickness, she does feel a little warm.

I've spoke to mum and she said she would cone for her. I told her what she had been like and she said she will pick her up incase it happens again.

X

Bridey
11-05-2012, 11:45 AM
Don't you love it when you have a fantastic parent like that :thumbsup:

Lets hope it was nothing more than just a response to texture or something slippery sliding down before it should.

A first aid trainer who was an ex-paramedic explained the choking response very clearly to me a few years back. If an adult chokes they lock themselves away in a toilet out of 'good manners' and their bodies, often affected by pollution, smoking or alcohol do not perform a decent choking reflex. On the other hand, children have no qualms at performing their unsoiled and very efficent choking relex with great aplomb in front of polite company! He said, in his experience, that adults were much more likely to choke to death than children.