PDA

View Full Version : first potential mindee

SJ35
11-05-2012, 08:44 AM
hi all,

My first potential mindee is arriving at ten o'clock!! am I scared?! hmm yep!
hardly slept, so worried i'm not going to be able to answer all her questions and get all confuzzled.

The little one is only 9 months old and wants three full days so it would be fab if it worked out :) I have got a few toys out and will just see how it goes. I have my 4 year old daughter here too so i hope she behaves!

I was just going to spend this visit talking and getting to know them a bit and then just go through the basics of fees, a few policies, bit of EYFS and then say that i'll follow the meeting up with an email with my parent pack so they can have a look through in their own time.

fingers crossed!

Stacey

Bear23
11-05-2012, 08:59 AM
Good luck

sure it will go well xx

sarah707
11-05-2012, 11:42 AM
Don't forget you are interviewing them too!

You need to know exactly what they want from you - and you have to be sure you can deliver. I've had some odd requests thrown at me over the years so be ready with your replies.

Good luck! :D

Bridey
11-05-2012, 11:57 AM
Hope it went well :)

SJ35
11-05-2012, 12:22 PM
It went well I think. The mom said that her daughter was very clingy but within two mins of being here was sat on my lap with a book lol, mom was shocked :)
Hours are perfect so fingers crossed, she's visiting two other childminders do she's letting me know next week.

Struggled a bit when talking about everything - didn't want to overload her with things. I have another lady with a 5 month old coming on Monday lunchtime so at last I feel like I'm getting somewhere!
Stacey x

nipper
11-05-2012, 01:22 PM
Write down while you can still remember what sort of things she asked you.
I find that I still make notes as I talk to the parents. I also ask them to fill in what I call an initial enquiry form, with basic details and most importantly the days and times they want care for. That way it's in the parents own words if you see what I mean...unlikely to change (well you can but hope).
I use the information on this sheet as my initial letter/email to them offering a place. I tell them if they decide not to use me as their childcare provider I shred the enquiry form.

Well done and good luck for Monday.

SJ35
14-05-2012, 12:31 PM
Hi,
Just had a 5 month old baby round with his mom to have a look.
He was lovely :) they want between 18 and 32 hours per week on a 3 week rolling shift pattern including weekends.
Weekends aren't a problem at all but the money would be very up and down.
She's getting back to me tomorrow so I can decide what to do when I know if she wants him to come or not.
Hate waiting!!
Stacey