PDA

View Full Version : Parent coming to visit

Kazzal42
10-05-2012, 10:50 AM
I've got an enquiry from a mum with two boys, one who is four and one is 21months, and they'll be coming to visit me on Monday morning. I'm just not sure what toys/activities to put out for the boys to entertain them with. I've had two pairs of parents visiting before, but they both had babies, and they just kept them in their arms.
As I've got two boys myself, 5 and 2.5, I do of course have some ideas of what might interest them, but I'd love to hear other ideas.
Thanks!

Bridey
10-05-2012, 10:57 AM
This isn't going to help much this time around but I've always conducted my initial chat with parents without children present. I then invite them back with the children so they can see how the children react to me and my home and how I interact with them and then there is a third meeting without the children again to do all the paperwork. We then move onto some settling in sessions for the children.

I just find it easier to chat about my setting, find out about the family and answer any questions without the children being present. I also find it easier to meet the children and get to know them if I'm not trying to talk business at the same time :)

Kazzal42
10-05-2012, 05:08 PM
Ahh, I can see that would make sense... Oh well, will do that next time, didn't quite think it through. :blush: When I think about it it might make it very difficult to have a chat with her two boys and my lo all together... :eek: Do you normally conduct the first meeting in the evenings then?