PDA

View Full Version : good news, but Hmmmm....

moogster1a
10-05-2012, 08:32 AM
I've recently found out I'm pregnant ( 8 weeks).
I've got a family coming to hopefully sign up for full time care for lo starting July. ( full timers are like hens teeth round here, it's a twice a year or so opportunity to try to bag one!!)

Would it be very wrong of me not to mention the pg. until the lo has settled in with me. I just really don't want to put them off.
If my last pg's are anything to go by, I won't be showing till about September.
Also, I've only ever taken 4 weeks off maternity and last time just 2 weeks. I'm due at Christmas so this would tie in nicely with Christmas hols.
If I needed to take more time off, I have back up CM's who would cover.
Would you prefer to be told now, and would it put you off? ( my other parents have been very happy when my other dc arrived and it really didn't impact on their lo's care ).
Writing it down it seems a bit dishonest, doesn't it. Maybe I'd mention it come JUly when she starts...

sarah707
10-05-2012, 08:36 AM
Congratulations! :clapping:

Why not see if you get the work first. 8 weeks is rather early to be announcing anything.

:D

The Juggler
10-05-2012, 08:38 AM
i'd keep quiet hon, you might not have found out until much later so you don't have to say you knew already - even when you do tell them, just say you just found out and it's been a shock ;)

btw, congratulations :clapping:

loocyloo
10-05-2012, 08:43 AM
congratulations.

see how the interview goes and if LO is to start with you, tell them over the summer.

good luck x

moogster1a
10-05-2012, 08:48 AM
Thank you ladies.
I posted on MN as well and not surprisingly got a different opinion!
Might post on netmums too to see just how worked up they get!!

Tealady
10-05-2012, 09:07 AM
Keep it under wraps as long as possible. I was honest about being pregnant and never got past the initial phone call stage with any enquiries. Subsequently I was only doing one before and after schooler for about two years as work dried up due to the recession once DS was born

Mouse
10-05-2012, 10:11 AM
Congratulations!

I was newly pregnant with my 5th when I took on a new child. I didn't mention it as we hadn't told anyone at that point. I did feel a bit bad, but couldn't risk the parents not coming to me :blush:
The child started and settled quickly. Mum was lovely & very easy going. When I did tell her I was pregnant she was thrilled for me! I'd arranged cover for my maternity leave, so lo went to another minder for 3 months, then back to me. It all worked out really well. Mindee stayed with me until he went to school, we're still friends with the family & I have their new baby starting with me next month :thumbsup:

TooEarlyForGin?
10-05-2012, 10:15 AM
There are too many "if's" at the moment. What if the little doesn't settle anyway, things could change work wise for them, I can't keep up with the constant changes my parents need as the recession bites harder and they either need more hours or less hours!

I wouldn't worry right now, as someone else said wait to about summer.

Good luck and congratulations. :clapping:

muffins
10-05-2012, 12:00 PM
I am in the same possition as you (9wks):clapping:

However I am of a completly different view to this lot, & although I had someone visit just before I found out who came back to me after I found out I decided I told them family circumstances had changed & I could no longer take the child on! I didn't want to tell anyone that early and I really didn't want to be dishonest, I won't be taking anyone else on now untill I am willing to be up front!