PDA

View Full Version : tax credits predicting income 2013

bezi123
09-05-2012, 07:58 PM
Hi, i'm not registered yet but hopefully will be within the next month or so, just wondering how do people predict there income for the yr when it comes to tax credits? i dont want to predict to little and end up with an overpayment which i'll have to pay back? i know what i would earn if i was full but its impossible to know how long it will be before i have any mindees, how many mindees i'll have and how many hours? any thoughts much appreciated x

silvermist
09-05-2012, 08:11 PM
Hiya, Ive just done this yesterday. I was advised to set it for a low amount as its very unlikely I will make a profit in first year, and they told me that if in October I think that my estimate is way off to ring them and tell them. I know its difficult to estimate but I just tried to work it out on paper by using the mindees I have now. Hth xx

bezi123
10-05-2012, 02:58 PM
Thank you, I think i'm just going to have to take a stab in the dark! I'm already self employed working as a swimming teacher and my hrs vary with that so now i'm going to have 2 self employed jobs with varied hours and income, its impossible to predict what i'm going to earn, hmmm whats number do I like!