PDA

View Full Version : Music classes?

berkschick
03-06-2008, 07:06 PM
I just wondered if anyone attends music classes with their mindees?

I have just emailed about Jo Jingles and Music with Mummy, both are really local to me.

But I know of 2 local toddler groups who either dont accept childminders or who charge childminders £2.50 per child to attend!

Does anyone know if either of the above allow childminders to attend? DOes anyone have any recommendations?

I would be taking 3 between 6 months and 2 years :eek: Yes I am mad but I need to get out the house more with them all!

FizzysFriends
03-06-2008, 07:08 PM
I used to take my DD to the libary for their music sessions and that was open to anyone and was free, the only down side was there are no toilet or changing facilities in the libary. May be it might be worth asking at yours?

littletreasures
03-06-2008, 07:10 PM
I go to Hullabaloo in Cheam.

Julia, who runs it, is fantastic. She charges £4 per child usually, but if 2 siblings go she charges £3 per child and also does that with the childminders who attend. There are 4 childminders in the class I go to, each of us have at least 2 children with us, sometimes 3.

The parent's pay for these classes 1/2 termly. If I do take a 3rd child with me, she just charges for the session.

The toddler group I go to did try to charge childminder's £1 per child, wheras parents are charged £1 for 1st child and 50p for each subsequent child, so we complained and now get it at the same rate.

littletreasures

Lou
03-06-2008, 07:11 PM
With Jo Jingles, they do different age ranges, so all yours might not be in the same "class" ifswim, and also you would have to pay seperatly for all of them i think sorry!!!!

sarah707
03-06-2008, 07:19 PM
I take the boys to Jabberjacks - it's £7.50 for the 2 and lasts just under an hour...

The boys enjoy it and mum pays, but for me it's a bit samey.

Still, Lyn who runs our local sessions is lovely :D

katickles
03-06-2008, 07:19 PM
I don't take mine to music classes but at our childminders group they always make time at the end of the session for music & rhyme time.

We pay £2.00 1st child & 50p for each child afterward. The funds go towards paying the rent on the hall, tea/coffe for minders, juice & biscuits etc for the mindees

:)

berkschick
03-06-2008, 07:26 PM
I actually asked at the library today and they dont do anything like that but they do a free storytime on a Thursday.

I would expect to pay per per child for something like this. I got annoyed with the toddler group charging £2.50 per minded child though when it was £1.50 per family. The drop in today was £1.50 no matter how many kids you had, a bargain :D

Depending on what kids I have here, I think I could pass the fees on :D

Tatia
03-06-2008, 08:48 PM
I think the thing with Jo Jingles is they can only have so many per class and have to charge as children would be taking up places (a concept we are all familiar with :D ). I asked about minded children when my daughter went to Jo Jingles and she was happy to have them but not at a reduced rate ( we paid either termly or half-termly, can't remember now) and only if I could support the children during class (as there is a lot of interaction with parent and child).

I think it's sickening that a toddler group would jack up prices for childminders to attend!:angry: The group I run is £1.00 no matter how many children you have with you, parent, carer or minder. We are fortunate to not have to pay rent (in children's centre) and parents have to buy their hot drinks from centre staff so all we have to provide from our fee is crafty stuff and a small snack.

berkschick
03-06-2008, 09:23 PM
I have had an email back from Jo Jingles.

£29.50 per child for 5 weeks of 45 min sessions :eek:

Not something I will be paying for then! Will have to sound the parents out about this one.

Chell
03-06-2008, 09:40 PM
Does Caterpillar Music run classes in your area?

For anyone in Lincolnshire there is Jelly Beans:
http://www.jellybeansmusic.com/

wendywu
03-06-2008, 10:17 PM
We have had Toddler groups trying to charge us £2.00 per child not per family because we are minders. They know due to the ages that the children cannot be our own.

So we just turned round and said they were fostered:laughing: and are part of our family. That shut them up.

But it was not very good so we did not go again:laughing:

ajs
03-06-2008, 11:26 PM
I just wondered if anyone attends music classes with their mindees?

I have just emailed about Jo Jingles and Music with Mummy, both are really local to me.

But I know of 2 local toddler groups who either dont accept childminders or who charge childminders £2.50 per child to attend!

Does anyone know if either of the above allow childminders to attend? DOes anyone have any recommendations?

I would be taking 3 between 6 months and 2 years :eek: Yes I am mad but I need to get out the house more with them all!

sorry debbie i don't have time to read all of the replies so i don't know what anyone else has answered but i go to both
caterpillar music
and jo jingles
and both are fine with childminders
obviously i don't pay but they both allow a discount for 2 or more children which the parents split between them
i personally prefer caterpillar as i find jo jingles a little more structured and the kids prefer the free atmosphere with caterpillar but i think it also depends on your teacher
i love taking the kids and often go with 3

Cazz
03-06-2008, 11:31 PM
Can't help with the question about music classes I'm afraid :blush:

Sorry if I'm being dipsy or have missed something but I'm wondering why some of these groups refuse or charge more for childminders? Why are childminders and their mindees any different from parents and their own children?

Carole x

wendywu
04-06-2008, 07:30 AM
Perhaps because we are being paid to care for them. Strange i know:(

Hannahlg
08-06-2008, 07:59 AM
we used to go to the loacl tollder gorup and it was like 1 pound a child

Gherkin
08-06-2008, 07:39 PM
We go to rhyme time at the local library and I normally have any age up to 4 and they love it.

miffy
08-06-2008, 09:01 PM
We go to rhyme time at the local library and I normally have any age up to 4 and they love it.

Our library does something similar twice a month and it's free :)

miffy xx

venus89
09-06-2008, 12:22 PM
i don't do Jo Jingles or similar because if I get another mindee that day whose mum doesn't want to pay either I have to pay or stop mindee number one from going (or not take mindee number 2 on) _ it seems potential for disaster.

We go to baby bounce and rhyme at the library, and the toy library. And when the children's centre is open I'm going to get heavily involved in that too