PDA

View Full Version : What to do before school?

littleones
09-05-2012, 05:59 PM
Hi everyone
I had a 6 year old start yesterday for before and after school, but I have no idea what to do with him for this short time
Yesterday he just wanted to watch tv in the morning and then he played FIFA when he got back from school along with playing with the cat and my almost 2 year old but he didn't lay with any toys
Today he was ill so I didn't think about it until now, but I feel bad just letting him watch tv before school but i know he will have to concentrate at school so should I just let him relax?
Help I'm not sure what 6 years old boys do lol, I only have my son

kats
09-05-2012, 09:07 PM
Hi i have 2 9 year old boys a 7 year old girl and a 5 year old girl before and after school. I have had them for nearly 2 years now and i find that the most popular thing in a morning is sitting at the table with pens, crayons and paper. they also enjoy jigsaws, snap and lotto. i always make sure that whatever we do is calm and quiet before school. After school some time is taken up with snack that the children prepare then outside play, wii and xbox, The older ones love to sit and read to the little ones, very rarely do the children watch tv, they prefer to play freely with the toys available. I think it takes a while before you know what makes them tick, some children are really tired after school and dont want to do very much but others are full of energy and want to do lots:)

Demonjill
09-05-2012, 09:13 PM
I dont have tv on in the morning - never have for my own kids when they were younger so certainly not going to do it for other folks kids.:rolleyes:

Also dont like colouring in, pens etc as would rather school kids go off to school as clean as poss:thumbsup:

My mindees mostly do jigsaws, quiet short games, aquadraw or lego and that seems to work well.
Sometimes the schoolies like to play with the happyland set out for the younger ones:laughing:

I dont organise anything as such as im busy making packed lunch for my DS and making sure DD doesnt miss her bus!:laughing:

helengreen13
10-05-2012, 05:59 AM
I have a 9, 8, 4' 4 and 2 year old girls and a 2 and 8 year old boy before school and I have tried all sorts but they still LOVE COLOURING and drawing.

They also plan what they are going to do after school that day and they take it in turns to change the calendar and recently the girls have been reading their school books to each other and taking it in turns. I do try to keep it as calm as possible in the mornings and had to ban the Nerf Guns.

Helen
X

littleones
10-05-2012, 09:03 AM
Thanks for this
I managed to get him to play with some puzzles and then some trains so managed to avoid him asking for the tv