PDA

View Full Version : My poor boy :(

LittleLegsCM
09-05-2012, 04:52 PM
I am so gutted, I need to vent.

My 19month boy was bitten today quite badly by the 2 year old I care for :(

I've been having quite a few issues with this boy (I posted about it a few days ago) he is very physical (sp?) hitting, pushing, kicking etc. he's also bitten his brother a few times while here too (my accident & incident book might as well have his name on the front cover!)

I constantly have my eyes on him to make sure he doesn't hurt anyone and even take him with me if I have to leave the room.

I was making pizzas with my after schoolie and the 2 boys were playing cars next to us on the floor. I turned round to wipe some sauce off my hand and in them few seconds the mindee sunk his teeth into my boy :( I feel so bad as I work so hard to stop him hurting anyone and when he does it's my own lil man! His hand is still quite red & marked I'm so annoyed with myself :(

sarah707
09-05-2012, 05:01 PM
Awww it's awful when it's your own little one who gets hurt.

Just keep doing what you are ... watch like a hawk, take with you, offer alternatives to biting people, time out for unwanted behaviour ...

make sure parents work with you they should be following the same strategies at home.

Hugs to your little man tonight xx

mum2two
09-05-2012, 05:11 PM
Biting is horrible. :( I had one little one that would just run across the room/garden, bite my child and then run off again! Went on for a couple of months.

Mum's answer was to bite the child back! :eek:

They grow out of it, it's just teaching them it's not nice.

xx