PDA

View Full Version : WEEKLY ACCOUNTS

jus
30-12-2007, 10:47 PM
I started buying toys, equipment and accessories for childminding in August 07 before I became registered I've kept all receipts for items from shops and also what I have bought off e-bay in clear pockets and in a folder I have the NCMA Accounts book. I will be childminding in January 08 will I have to add all receipts I have and put the amount in the toys / equipment columb on the weekly form in accounts book, but will this make a difference with the receipts having different calendar months on, the receipts are going on the weekly expenditure and allowable expenses form then it will be transfered onto the monthly accounts form, I this correct or will I be doing this wrong, Please Help :panic:

Monkey1
30-12-2007, 10:55 PM
i would put it through! at the end of the day you just tell them its start up costs.
Monkey

sarah707
30-12-2007, 10:56 PM
Like Monkey says, put them through as start-up expenses. You might well make a loss this year - that's fine!

jus
30-12-2007, 11:04 PM
:confused: would you still add them all up though and put them in the columb at the end of the day.:o

manjay
30-12-2007, 11:07 PM
Most definitely put it through as start up costs. I started incurring expenses in Jan this year when i did my ICP. I didn't start getting any income until November. Not sure about where you put it in you book as I am using an excel spread sheet. I don't see why you can't put it as one figure for your first week of accounting.

Amanda xx

sarah707
30-12-2007, 11:08 PM
If they are for less than £10, then just put them through without receipts eg craft items £9.99...

If they are for more than £10, list them eg

Buggy £35.00
Car seat £40.00

etc.... just put them all in the expenditure column for January...

Then you'll have Jan income and a minus figure at the end to carry over to Feb... does that make sense?

jus
31-12-2007, 01:53 PM
:laughing: Thanks Guy's untsr the reply's:thumbsup:

Have A Great New Year:clapping:

might be back if I get stuck again with Accounts Book.:blush: Ps were do I put Shopping For Minding

chez1373
01-01-2008, 03:40 PM
I was told i couldnt put through my reciepts that i spent before i was registered as they dont back date!
If anyone knows this is faulse please let me know thanks