PDA

View Full Version : Play, Naturally blog UPDATED

butterfly
09-05-2012, 03:29 PM
Just to let you know my blog www.playnaturally.co.uk has been updated! Log on to see the latest stage of my PhD journey!

silvermist
09-05-2012, 03:38 PM
Had a look this morning hun, its fab. You must be so busy though! Keep up the good work.:clapping::clapping:

Tink
09-05-2012, 04:41 PM
I've just read all your information and WOW you are an inspiration to us all, the way you talk about the children is exactly the way I want to work with my children in my setting.

I worked in a nursery for 10 years and realised when I started my own business how limited a child's play is. We would have the same toys out for weeks and now I am able to go with the flow and the children have the ability to self choose their own toys and equipment and the experience they gain from it is amazing.

I will keep up with you and read your blog as it was really interesting and as I said inspiring.

butterfly
09-05-2012, 04:48 PM
I've just read all your information and WOW you are an inspiration to us all, the way you talk about the children is exactly the way I want to work with my children in my setting.

I worked in a nursery for 10 years and realised when I started my own business how limited a child's play is. We would have the same toys out for weeks and now I am able to go with the flow and the children have the ability to self choose their own toys and equipment and the experience they gain from it is amazing.

I will keep up with you and read your blog as it was really interesting and as I said inspiring.

Thank you soooo much for your lovely comments! It's nice to hear that some people agree with me as everyone I speak to thinks I'm crazy!

Tink
09-05-2012, 04:51 PM
Your not crazy I want to work with you, I have been so frustrated for years it's only now owning my own business that I am trying to allow children more choice with their play.

It is such an important part of their lives it's just not realised enough if you get what I mean?

butterfly
09-05-2012, 04:54 PM
I was frustrated working with others when I was teaching but now I have the freedom to do what I like!

Tink
09-05-2012, 04:56 PM
I was frustrated working with others when I was teaching but now I have the freedom to do what I like!

Exactly I hated being told what to do and what the children wanted to play with. Half the time they were never even there, it definitely opens your eyes when you see it first hand and it's your own business:laughing: