PDA

View Full Version : noisy child

disney
03-06-2008, 04:59 PM
got a really bad head ache ! got a mindee that comes to me only 1 hour before school and than pick up from school at 12 lunch time he is 4 .i then have him untill 5.30 . the problem is hes driving me crazy . he will not stop shouting and when he does go quiet for a moment he then suddenly just shouts or screams its also scarring my dog and the other mindees dont like it

he has only been coming for 2 months & when he did his months settling in he did not do this and was well behaved .didnt know if i should speake to the parents or not . dad picked him up tonight and i said he had been a little hipo :eek: alittle um any advice please i dont want to go dwn that road of making myself ill and all other mindees not happy x

mrsb
03-06-2008, 05:15 PM
I would just ask the parents if he is like it at home maybe?
I'd probably do a sticker chart or something similar for him too :) just to try and encourage him not to do it, explain to him that it scares the dog etc.

He may also have a problem in which case maybe he can't actually help it?

Hope you get it sorted anyway :)

crazybones
03-06-2008, 05:17 PM
Ive got no advice sorry. But I have an 11 year old who is so noisy it can be unbearable sometimes. He makes more noise than both 2 year olds put together. He has been coming here since he was 4 and still doesnt get "Can we all be quiet X is asleep":rolleyes:

Annie_T
03-06-2008, 05:22 PM
oh no thats not nice on any of you.

maybe he could bring soemthing from home as a comfort it could help him, try talking to parents etc too

otherwise sorry hun no idea .. load yourself with asprin or soemthing but that prob wouldnt work and your only end up rattling of pills lol

Trouble
03-06-2008, 05:54 PM
has he got an hearing problem??

Tatia
03-06-2008, 06:01 PM
I've got a noisy herbert, too. He's 8 and all things considered, one of the nicest, most mannerly children I have ever met. But his shriek will pierce the ear drum. He'll be normal for a bit and then suddenly, belt out this glass-shattering screech which makes everyone jump. And he was sooo loud today.:rolleyes: Much as I like him, I want to duct tape his lips together sometimes. ;) I just remind him to use his "indoor voice". Oh and pray for nice weather so the outdoors eats up some of the sound! Hate to tell you but he's been with me for 3 years now and though I guess it's abated somewhat, he's still loud as anything!

Oh I meant to add, the fact that he has settled in and is comfortable with you is very apparent.:D He was on his best behaviour the first month and now that he's comfortable, his true personality is emerging! :)

Jinx
03-06-2008, 06:28 PM
has he got an hearing problem??

Thats what I was wondering!

My friend has 4 boys and the oldest has always been so loud!! She put it down to trying to make himself heard, but it turned out he had hearing problems and now wears a hearing aid. :eek:

Jinx x

Trouble
03-06-2008, 06:34 PM
i was thinking more glue ear:idea:

sarah707
03-06-2008, 07:12 PM
A friend's son has autism and he shouts out for no reason - or sometimes he claps really loudly in a quiet room...

Any other signs?

Otherwise I would speak to parents and get his hearing checked... :D

disney
03-06-2008, 07:38 PM
yes i know what you mean have seen a few children with autisum and my sons best mate has this and hes going on holiday with us . but its not just that ,he does not stop talking and burst into singing . i think what titia makes sense about him being comfortable .as i have noticed a few behavoiur problems as well . my younger mindee is not sleeping now as he shouts to wake her up the other children just do something quiete .canrt read a story as he keeps interupting with singing or sounds so no one can hear :(

can i ask how do all you that have said you looked after a children like this for years please what is your secret ? xx

Tatia
03-06-2008, 08:41 PM
Ah well, the difference for me is that my noisy boy isn't rude. Well, not normally. :rolleyes: He's a lovely guy with an unfortunately well-developed set of lungs. He doesn't purposely disrupt things.

Your mindee sounds like he may have an attention disorder to me. Possibly even hyperactivity, as well.

I'd suggest ear plugs, duct tape and a sound-proof box.:D

sarah707
03-06-2008, 08:45 PM
can i ask how do all you that have said you looked after a children like this for years please what is your secret ? xx

I have the ability to behave like a broken record and not let it get me down...

I just call them to me each time it happens and say , calmly and quietly over and over again 'do we shout or speak quietly in the house?', 'do we run or walk in the house?' etc...

But then I used to teach and 30 x under 8 year olds can be very LOUD :laughing:

chez1373
03-06-2008, 09:47 PM
Didnt want to read and run as ive no good advice hope you can sort it xx

disney
04-06-2008, 11:40 AM
also i think maybe if he had a hearing problem or any thing that he might have been like it during the settling in period :idea: as when i first had him i said to mum that during the school run he was very good at working to school sensibly now he kicks the wheels on the push chair , hops , skipps and jumps while we are crossing . so dont know if this is his true colours ?

in the first month i thought he was lovely but now :( not so im afraidsome times i think its me but hubby had monday of and said dont know how you do it and to be honest he is very good with all my children well he did bring his 2 sons up alone and our son so he knows a bit . we usually laugh these things off but will see how my head goes over the next few weeks .

also thanks for advice will try stickers , rewards ect and all i can to make it work but to be honest years ago i used to have mindees for years that when i finished minding to have a break the mindees only seem to last at other minders for a few weeks but now im registered again and older i like to pick and choose :blush: x

disney
04-06-2008, 05:39 PM
just spoken to mum about little mindee shouting and being noisy and have told her his behaviour is very different . she has said when they went on holiday last week they were all adults and they went to a very quiete and safe place that he used to gove off in front on his own as their was no roads . so this is why he keeps on running off . (she said they lost him twice ) :eek:

also she said hes probably shouting as none of us were really listening to him well she said you no what its like when adults get together ! no i dont:angry:
any way she says i need to nip it in the bud before he gets any worse . feel a bit better knowing that he is the same with mum and its not just me x