PDA

View Full Version : sensory bottles???

adele1985
09-05-2012, 10:16 AM
I want to make some homemade sensory bottles with my mindees

really sont know where to start tho :panic:

Ive got variouse size coke bottles all washed out but dont really know what to put in them

i was thinking colooured water and glitter for one but thats all ive thought of

samb
09-05-2012, 10:19 AM
You could mix oil with coloured water (stays separate so looks all swirly), lentils mixed with sparkly sequins, mini bells - depending on age you can get them to help you. Also try putting a blob of paint/glue in the bottom, seal the lid then get them to swirl it around to paint the inside of the bottle.

silvermist
09-05-2012, 10:21 AM
Hi, Ive been making some of these too! I have used beads, coloured pasta and rice, glitter and water, cooking oil and beads, sequins, ribbons, sand, little bells, wooden shapes, etc.. Make sure you super glue the lids on well though! Hope that helps x:thumbsup:

butterfly
09-05-2012, 10:23 AM
I have mine in sets:

noisy - lentils, curtain hooks, nuts, macaroni

rainbow - different items to make each bottle a different colour

red set - flowers, beads, twirled pipecleaners, sequins

glittery - sparkly hair gel, sequins, birthday confetti, sparkly pipecleaners, glitter with larger sequins mixed in

basically anything that looks or sounds appealing!

AgentTink
09-05-2012, 10:23 AM
I have in mine the following:
Lolly pop sticks
Feathers
Dried pasta ( 3 different types )
Little bells
Water with glitter
Coloured sand
Cooking oil with water
Buttons
Baby oil with glitter
Shiny stars ( confetti style )
Rolled balls of play doh
Soil
Pebbles
Shells

Hope this gives you some ideas

silvermist
09-05-2012, 10:34 AM
I have mine in sets:

noisy - lentils, curtain hooks, nuts, macaroni

rainbow - different items to make each bottle a different colour

red set - flowers, beads, twirled pipecleaners, sequins

glittery - sparkly hair gel, sequins, birthday confetti, sparkly pipecleaners, glitter with larger sequins mixed in

basically anything that looks or sounds appealing!

Im loving the idea of having them in sets. thanks for that idea!:clapping:

lulubelle
09-05-2012, 03:53 PM
i am just trying water/oil with some glitter in and it has me fasinated so i am sure the kids will love it (once the glue on the lid has set!)

butterfly
09-05-2012, 04:38 PM
Im loving the idea of having them in sets. thanks for that idea!:clapping:

I use the cardboard wine carriers from tesco to store them with a label for the set on the front

jumpinjen
09-05-2012, 04:51 PM
Great ideas - I have just bought some tiny alphabet beads to use - Monkey has seasonal ones that are really cute - one filled with tooth picks and a handful of rice, when rolled sounds like a rainmaker - sets is a good idea to help children notice small differences, Jen x

fluff1975
10-05-2012, 09:40 PM
Chemists sell glycerine (sp?) which is fab, I've used it to make snow globes. It makes the water all gloopy without making it murky, so things float about slowly in it.

mummyof3
10-05-2012, 09:44 PM
We made some a few weeks ago we used spaghetti, water oil and glitter, pasta shapes and glitter, alphabet beads, bells and ribbons, fake snow and glitter.

They are the most played with toys every day - cheap and cheerful :D