PDA

View Full Version : Do u enjoy joining in?

Demonjill
08-05-2012, 03:18 PM
When I have just one mindee(i usually have at least 2) they only play away themself for a short time and then they want me to join in:rolleyes:

Sometimes(depends on my mood and the activity) I enjoy this but other times like today i just cba :laughing: they must sense im not really having fun :laughing:
Other times i get so involved i surprise myself:laughing:

I think thats my excuse for always buying new stuff - so i dont get bored with the same old.

I can colour in pictures for ages and enjoy playdough - can hold my own with the jigsaws - dont really like playing games that need alot of set up - as its me that does all the set up, jigsaws end up with me doing most of it and mindee getting to put the last piece in:(

loocyloo
08-05-2012, 03:33 PM
one LO made a train today ... i was allowed to sit in the last carriage ( chair ) and that was it! i wasn't allowed to speak, ask questions or comment. i kept being told ''we are going to the seaside''. i sat there for a good 20min! in the end i said i had to do something and put a soft toy there instead! don't think LO even noticed!:rolleyes:

Milli147
08-05-2012, 04:45 PM
Right, confession time..my least favourite thing to have to play is Barbies. I don't mind helping with 'setting it up' or even dressing them, and detangling their hair is quite therapeutic(!) but acting out story lines.... I can do it for about 10 minutes before I find myself losing the will to live...

Mouse
08-05-2012, 04:56 PM
My least favourite thing is the repetition! I know it's how children learn and I know it's really good for them, but after having to pretend to drink endless cups of tea and eat endless bits of play food, I get really bored :blush:

Greengrass74
08-05-2012, 05:01 PM
It's the main reason I do this job, I love all the making stuff, painting messy play, role play etc. I also love music time, stories and dancing around. I must admit I am a big kid really.

Tink
08-05-2012, 05:50 PM
Playing is the best part of the job.

I had one child say to me earlier today "when are we having snack?"

We usually have it around 10am and we were so busy I hadn't realised it was 11:15:blush:

Ripeberry
08-05-2012, 06:33 PM
I must be a bit of a Tomboy then. My favourite game with my own kids and the older mindees in summer is playing monsters, hide and seek and using the playhouse as a hide out and having a great big water fight :rolleyes::D
I'm more into physical games. Jigsaws just bore me to death.

kellib
08-05-2012, 06:35 PM
I love doing jigsaws, it helps that my mindee (just turned 2) can do them all brilliantly :thumbsup:

Jiorjiina
08-05-2012, 06:48 PM
It's the main reason I do this job, I love all the making stuff, painting messy play, role play etc. I also love music time, stories and dancing around. I must admit I am a big kid really.

^^This!!^^

I love playing. :clapping:

sweets
08-05-2012, 07:10 PM
I hate role play :blush: i am rubbish at it!

i can make a train track, a happyland track, build tents etc.

I am lucky at the moment to have 3 3yr olds that just play together most of the time and hardly need or want my input. I tend to just leave them to it. I cleaned my whole house last fri while they just played! :blush: i just provided with them with drinks and snacks throughout the day while they kept themselves amused with a few blankets and cushions.:D

lisa1968
08-05-2012, 07:17 PM
I hate role play :blush: i am rubbish at it!

i can make a train track, a happyland track, build tents etc.

I am lucky at the moment to have 3 3yr olds that just play together most of the time and hardly need or want my input. I tend to just leave them to it. I cleaned my whole house last fri while they just played! :blush: i just provided with them with drinks and snacks throughout the day while they kept themselves amused with a few blankets and cushions.:D

I too HATE role play!!
..and puppets!!

Ripeberry
08-05-2012, 07:20 PM
I love puppets! The favourite at the moment is the 'Mad Parrot' and the 'Creepy Spider'. We have loads of fun with those :D;)

PixiePetal
08-05-2012, 08:47 PM
I spend quite a bit of time at the moment sitting on the playroom sofa selling tickets or shouting directions to the workmen! It is a train/bus/digger/recycling truck. Not my fave activity but current 3yr old is great fun and loves it

he is getting more into jigsaws and games now which is fine with me :)