PDA

View Full Version : Left my pushchair....

manjay
08-05-2012, 12:12 PM
on the pavement today after dropping off at school and merrily drove on my way to collect another child. I had no idea until I arrived home to a note posted through my door from a very friendly neighbour to let me know she had it! What a donut:rolleyes:

I guess on a positive note at least there wasn't a child in it:D

uf353432
08-05-2012, 12:14 PM
ha ha ha DOOFUS!!! :laughing:

Mouse
08-05-2012, 12:14 PM
Oops!

Like you say, it's a good job it was empty...and what a lovely neighbour you have :thumbsup:

butterfly
08-05-2012, 12:19 PM
Oh dear! I'm glad you got it back though!

Hayley102
08-05-2012, 12:19 PM
I've done that:laughing: I was busy putting all the children in the car after picking up from playgroup, had folded it as it was windy but left it on the pavement behind the car - I didn't know I didn't have it until I got home. I had to go back and found it had been handed in at playgroup - i felt really silly:blush:

caz3007
08-05-2012, 12:26 PM
Slightly different but my ex hubby left the dog tied up outside the newsagents for several hours.

It was only later when I said where is the dog and he remembered where he had left him :) When he got to the shop the guy who runs it said he had noticed the dog asleep behind the bin and was going to bring it to us when he closed up...lol.

manjay
08-05-2012, 12:26 PM
Luckily we live in a very small village and everyone knows that pushchair beongs to the mad lady that always has a load of children by her side:rolleyes:

EmmaReed84
08-05-2012, 12:27 PM
I did that but it was outside my house. We were getting DS in the car and in the morning rush (pre CM days) I left the folded pushchair on my driveway... Sadly it was gone by the time we realised at got back... All of 20 minutes at 7:30am :panic:

SYLVIA
08-05-2012, 12:41 PM
I have done this twice, on school runs! I always do a head count and seat belt check before driving off. Now I always open the boot first so I don't leave it behind. On a worse note though, when my 1st daughter was a few weeks old, in the days when you could leave the pram outside the shop window, I went in the bakers and bought a cake and walked off happily eating it but forget the pram. Got a few shops down before realising something was missing!:panic:

sarahjane
08-05-2012, 12:52 PM
I left my 2 daughters aged 2 and 4 months at the time in a double buggy in Boots in Ripon!! I went to 2 other shops before I realised and went back to get them, still sat there quite happily!! (they are now 19 and 17 lol)

The Juggler
08-05-2012, 01:09 PM
whoops! :)

loocyloo
08-05-2012, 01:14 PM
i once left a buggy on the pavement after loading everyone into the car after school ... i drove home, unloaded everyone and went inside to play ... DH then emptied my car of all the car seats/stuff then it was half term, and for some reason i didn't use my little stroller buggy ... on the sunday evening i was getting the car ready and couldn't find buggy anywhere ... asked dh where it was and he said he hadn't seen it! i got really stroppy and said he must have put it somewhere as i'd had it on the school run before half term ... at this point i decided to drive back to where i had parked and as i pulled up in the car, a gentleman waved out of his window and came out of his house ... he opened his garage and there was the stroller !!! :blush::blush: he said he knew i'd be back at some point for it, and if i still hadn't, he would have gone into school as he knew it was me ( had seen me drive off! ) and i was a childminder, but didn't know my name or where i lived!

we made him a big card and some biscuits to say thank you!

Playmate
08-05-2012, 01:18 PM
I did this too several years ago with my double! like you fortunately someone saw me do it and put a note through the door :D The trouble is we lead such busy lives sometimes we don't know whether we are coming or going :panic:

Helen Dempster
08-05-2012, 01:20 PM
I've done this before too....glad it's not just me! lol

lozzy23
08-05-2012, 01:43 PM
I have seen several people do this outside of school. The worse one was a mother who not seeing me jumping up and down, waving and shouting at her, reversed into her own buggy. ooops.

rickysmiths
08-05-2012, 01:49 PM
I did this a couple of years ago and someone handed it in to school, not before I had ordered and taken delivery of a new one in less than 24 hours from Kiddi Care. :blush:

QualityCare
08-05-2012, 01:49 PM
l was parked in a car park and gone shopping with 2 in a side by side buggy when l returned cars had parked to close for me to open the doors wide enough to get the children in so l put the buggy in front of the car next to me and got in to pull out to get children in, this lady came running down the car park "shouting you've left the children".

miffy
08-05-2012, 01:59 PM
I'm glad you got it back!

Miffy xx

Demonjill
08-05-2012, 02:54 PM
:laughing::laughing:

Ha ha very funny stories - what alot of silly billys you are ha:laughing:

well done getting it back.Think if i done that where i stay it would be whisked off and on ebay within the hour :laughing:

christine e
08-05-2012, 03:26 PM
First time out with a brand new double buggy I drove off and left it on the pavement outside school, got a phone call from a friend saying 'you know that new double buggy of yours............' being a good friend she stayed there until I went back and collected it :blush:

Cx

funemnx
08-05-2012, 05:31 PM
Just after my sister had her first child, she went shopping where she was living in South Africa and left the baby at the costmetics counter in the department store! It was only when she was driving home that she thought "I've forgotten something but can't think what" :eek:!!!!!

Luckily, he was still there when she went back :laughing::laughing:

singlewiththree
08-05-2012, 06:42 PM
I left a brand new RED phil & teds in a carpark once when my own children were young and I wasn't working. DD was having a strop, it was about 3 hrs later I frantically drove back and it was still where I had left it :) phew I was soooo lucky

samb
08-05-2012, 08:11 PM
My story is about mindees Mum leaving the buggy...

I don't work Fridays and had a call from a childminder friend who lives near the school. She rang me to say she recognised my mindees being driven off from nursery with mum who left the buggy and she would take it to her house for her to collect! Rang Mum to let her know - she was very pleased but hadn't realised at all!

Tazmin68
09-05-2012, 02:57 AM
When my youngest son was attending a pre school nursery. I was located in the basement part of a church. You cannot get buggies down there do you have to leave them at the top by the gate. A new mum with a baby sibling took baby who was in A buggy which car seat fits in and older sibling into pre school and you can guess scrap man took away the buggy frame as thought it had been left as scrap. It was only a few weeks old!!!!!

mum2two
09-05-2012, 05:56 PM
Hubby did this a few months back! Did school run at one 5 miles away, and when we went to go out, asked where the buggy was - thinking I had taken it for my school run!

He'd left it on the pavement. Called a minder I knew who lived in the road, but she was out & couldn't remember seeing it, so we drove over anyway, thinking the worst - but there it was - right where he'd left it!

Must have looked odd (or like theives) just stopping, taking the buggy & drving straight off again!! :laughing:

xx

littleones
09-05-2012, 06:59 PM
l was parked in a car park and gone shopping with 2 in a side by side buggy when l returned cars had parked to close for me to open the doors wide enough to get the children in so l put the buggy in front of the car next to me and got in to pull out to get children in, this lady came running down the car park "shouting you've left the children".

So funny, this made me laugh