PDA

View Full Version : how do you provide your Policies and proceedures?

kindredspirits
08-05-2012, 09:06 AM
I have loads of p+p's - probably 30+ and in the past i have printed and given parents their own copy to take home, read and then sign a form saying they have read them all.
however i am finding this not only not very cost effective, but its none too environmentally friendly.... what does everyone else do??

cs01
08-05-2012, 09:10 AM
I also used to do the same as you and thought the same. So now I only print off the policies that specifically need a signature on them, eg consent to transport children and I email the rest to the parents. I have a list with all the policies on and they then sign that one piece of paper to say they have received all the policies listed via email and have read and agree to them.

The ones that they physically sign, I then photocopy so they also have a copy of these ones also.

Greengrass74
08-05-2012, 09:41 AM
I copy ours onto a CD and give this to parents, I then ask that they sign a form to say that they have received the CD. This saves a fortune in ink and paper.

kindredspirits
08-05-2012, 10:03 AM
thats what i had in mind, Dave. my printer isn't the most cost effective at the best of times!! :laughing:

allison
08-05-2012, 10:24 AM
i do tha same as Dave :thumbsup:
putting them onto a disc is so much easier and cheaper. they just sign to say they have the disc, i then email any updates to them as they happen and the just sign again to say they have the updates

karen m
08-05-2012, 10:28 AM
I like other use to print hand out,now i have 1 set printed out so parents can read them in my home ,i then have a list with all policies on the parents then sign that ,i then keep this to say they have read and understood

butterfly
08-05-2012, 11:45 AM
I've found that parents like to keep a copy to refer back to. I ask parents whether they mind me emailing my policies to them. Only a couple have asked for a hard copy.

rickysmiths
08-05-2012, 11:51 AM
I provide a hard copy in the Parents Folder when they join me. I only have an 8 page Policy document though with 12 Policies and an emergency plan.

BucksCM
08-05-2012, 11:56 AM
I give parents a folder with all my p+ps in and a form to sign. They all come back to me and kept in the playroom. I do ask parents if they'd like copies (all decline!) but they are told that they have access to them at any time they want to see them.