PDA

View Full Version : Ill mindee - what to do?

Brisk
08-05-2012, 08:07 AM
Hi

I'm still fairly new to this lark but this morning my main mindee got dropped off and Daddy said he had another cold - I don't think he's NOT had a cold for the last couple of months. He's also had a cough that seems to have dragged on and on forever, and he's particularly bad with it today. I can manage a cold but I don't think that that's all it is, his breathing is audible and rattly, and he cried for half an hour solidly on arrival, and curled up on the floor, and whenever I or my daughter went to approach him he started a new batch of crying.

Would you send him home? I have texted his mum to say she needs to take him to the doctor, but frankly, I don't really want to be looking after him when he's not well enough to engage with anything. Am I being mean?

Thoughts much appreciated,

Thanks xx

Sarahbelle
08-05-2012, 08:13 AM
I would send little one home hun. Whilst I am happy to accept children with minor coughs and colds they must be able to partake in the normal day to day activities including going out and about. Your little one sounds like he has more than just a cold and would be better off curled up at home with his mum after a trip to the Doctor.

Zoomie
08-05-2012, 08:15 AM
If he can't engage with things then he really is better off at home with mum or dad.

Hopefully they will collect soon :)

Brisk
08-05-2012, 08:39 AM
Thanks - I was wondering whether I was doing the right thing. His mum has made him an appointment and is coming to fetch him, which is good. I'm just not sure he would get a lot out of today if he stayed here, and if my little one was like that I wouldn't send her to someone else - I'd want to cuddle her better!! Poor lamb, he's not the cheeriest at the best of times, he's got it all going on today!