PDA

View Full Version : Breakfast...

LittleLegsCM
08-05-2012, 06:35 AM
What cereal do you offer mindees for breakfast?

I have 2 mindees in the morning who apparently only eat chocolate cereal!? Which I refuse to buy (yes I'm mean) so what do your schoolies normlly have??

They've been having toasted egg waffles & honey or mini scotch pancakes with chopped fruit (although they always leave the fruit!) so please, any other ideas would be great :thumbsup:

Edited to add: I have shreddies, shredded wheat (including the fruit filled one), plain & flavoured porridge, weetabix and rice crispies- ALL refused!

rickysmiths
08-05-2012, 06:41 AM
What cereal do you offer mindees for breakfast?

I have 2 mindees in the morning who apparently only eat chocolate cereal!? Which I refuse to buy (yes I'm mean) so what do your schoolies normlly have??

They've been having toasted egg waffles & honey or mini scotch pancakes with chopped fruit (although they always leave the fruit!) so please, any other ideas would be great :thumbsup:

Edited to add: I have shreddies, shredded wheat (including the fruit filled one), plain & flavoured porridge, weetabix and rice crispies- ALL refused!

I have these but none of the filled ones, I offer toast, boiled, scrambled or poached eggs and fruit and that is it. No chocolate cereals so if they didn't like the choice they go hungry or have breakfast at home simple. :thumbsup:

miffy
08-05-2012, 06:44 AM
I don't give breakfast. I start at 8am and have children arriving through the next 30 mins then it's off to school. I don't have time to sort breakfasts too, but if I did and mindees didn't want what was on offer I'd suggest they had breakfast at home.

Miffy xx

LittleLegsCM
08-05-2012, 06:47 AM
[/COLOR]

I have these but none of the filled ones, I offer toast, boiled, scrambled or poached eggs and fruit and that is it. No chocolate cereals so if they didn't like the choice they go hungry or have breakfast at home simple. :thumbsup:

Lol just offered egg & soldiers for tomorrow morning, one response "I don't like egg..." (but yet he loves the egg waffles lol) x

loocyloo
08-05-2012, 07:58 AM
when i did breakfast there was a selection of cereal -
just ONE of these -shreddies/hoops/cornflakes/rice crispies/mini shredded wheat.
always weetbix and porridge.
always toast/fruit
usually yogurt !
and milk to drink.

i would occasionally buy a chocolate cereal as a treat, but literally once a term!

AliceK
08-05-2012, 12:19 PM
when i did breakfast there was a selection of cereal -
just ONE of these -shreddies/hoops/cornflakes/rice crispies/mini shredded wheat.
always weetbix and porridge.
always toast/fruit
usually yogurt !
and milk to drink.

i would occasionally buy a chocolate cereal as a treat, but literally once a term!

I offer the same. They usually have weetabix or sometimes pancakes. I always try to get all children to have a drink of milk at breakfast too even if like my DS they don't like milk but I make him a milkshake instead.

xxx

butterfly
08-05-2012, 12:51 PM
I usually have five for breakfast and they are offered:

porridge/weetabix/multigrain shapes/rice krispies
toast with various toppings
fruit

They sometimes whinge about diff cereals but i just say they can have those at home!

The Juggler
08-05-2012, 01:11 PM
weetabix, crispies, shreddies or plain cheerios here - choccy cereal is for treats at the weekend for my two.

if they don't like this, they'll have to have toast won't they - without chocolate spread ;)

karen m
08-05-2012, 06:58 PM
I have 1 for breakfast and i buy the small multipacks cornflakes ,rice crispies etc, then he has toast and milk . He arrives at 7.45 and we leave for school at 8.30

Monkey26
08-05-2012, 07:06 PM
Rice crispies, Corn flakes, Cheerios (all own brand tesco etc), toast or fruit here! xx