PDA

View Full Version : Planning

NicoleW
07-05-2012, 08:18 PM
Now I'm alright with the observations but it's the planning

I have an 18 month old monday and tuesday all day

I now have a 3 year old from noon til 4 every day

I do a plan for my 18 month old, say one planned activity a day with a link to the EYFS and next steps etc which has lately just been repeating the same activity because he hasn't quite mastered the skills, i.e. threading games to be continued with, variation of blocks to use to help.

the 3 year old attends preschool, what kind of planning do I need to do for him?

Do I need to still do a long term plan organised monthly?

For example, in June we'll do activites around summer time/beaches, so playing with seashells in sand, making sand pictures, water play, ?

As my mindee that I've had since September has been a bit too young for all this organised monthly activities, now he's getting older I'd like to introduce it so basically I can put down "this month we are learning about..... " and base some activities around that if it's in the childs interest.

mrs robbie williams
08-05-2012, 05:53 AM
Hi, i only have an 18m and a 7m at the moment so not really doing any planning, just obs and next steps, but i will be watching for replies on your post to see if i should be doing more with older one xx

sarah707
08-05-2012, 05:21 PM
Younger children planning - observe, assess and plan to their interests; ask parents for input

Older children planning - I use a combination of themes, continuous provision to follow their interests, free play, a good routine, outings...

Hth :D

NicoleW
08-05-2012, 07:20 PM
I just seemt o be doing a lot of 'free play'.

Mindee seems to love hoovering and using a sweeping brush so I got some child sized ones from the toy library and he loves it, he's spent most of the afternoon running down a slope in a garden and then back up to run back down! he found it hilarious