07-05-2012, 08:00 PM
this is what my lot have to play with this week

BucksCM
07-05-2012, 08:37 PM
Looks like it will be a fun week!:D
Keep us updated:thumbsup:

francinejayne
07-05-2012, 08:46 PM
we have the best days playing with things like that - my only problem is that hubbie throws away all my "junk" before i have chance to accumulate enough!

zillervalley
07-05-2012, 08:58 PM
have fun

i love the balls, do you se them for threading?

ziller

PixiePetal
07-05-2012, 09:21 PM
I love 'junk' but it takes up so much room - not the same if you take boxes apart and flatten them for storage :rolleyes:

love the balls - on my list of things to buy with tesco vouchers as I won't have enough this year for anything big :(

miffy
08-05-2012, 06:57 AM
love the balls - on my list of things to buy with tesco vouchers as I won't have enough this year for anything big :(

I got mine from the pound shop - in the pet section :D

Miffy xx

miffy
08-05-2012, 06:58 AM

Looks great mushpea - bet they'll have lots of fun

Miffy xx

FizzWizz
08-05-2012, 07:01 AM
we have the best days playing with things like that - my only problem is that hubbie throws away all my "junk" before i have chance to accumulate enough!

Exactly the same happens in our house but when I win the kids have a fab time with empty boxes!!:clapping:

jumpinjen
08-05-2012, 07:23 AM
Is your recycling collection not til next week then LOL??

I'm sure they'll have great fun!!

Are you going to add other things when they ask, like rice for pouring, small world figures if they build a house, tape measures etc?

Jen x

sweets
08-05-2012, 07:28 AM
Interesting :)

over the last few week ive collected a load of boxes to do junk modelling with, not as much as youve got tho.

before we get the glue, tape and paint out i will let them have a go at playing it it all first and see what happens. :thumbsup:

loocyloo
08-05-2012, 07:45 AM
we have a big box of junk boxes and it usually gets used to build huge towers that are then knocked over amid much hilarity!

i got some of those balls from tesco last year and never thought of threading them :rolleyes: what a brilliant idea ... might borrow that if you don't mind! ( got loads of ribbon too! )

have fun xxx

kel1983
08-05-2012, 07:55 AM
Im very inttrested to see the end results. I think its a great idea and actually may have to use it next week. :thumbsup: The children seem bored with the toys they have even though they are changed regularly

ziggy
08-05-2012, 08:37 AM
wow looks great fun

gonna give that a go next week

Mouse
08-05-2012, 08:53 AM
we have a big box of junk boxes and it usually gets used to build huge towers that are then knocked over amid much hilarity!

i got some of those balls from tesco last year and never thought of threading them :rolleyes: what a brilliant idea ... might borrow that if you don't mind! ( got loads of ribbon too! )

have fun xxx

If you want things for threading, look out for wooden spoons with holes in. We have several - some with just one big hole (that the little ones can manage), some with lots of smaller holes and some with slots in them. The children love them & I try to avoid plastic, so I love them as well :thumbsup:

Mouse
08-05-2012, 08:55 AM
These are excellent as well as the children can weave on them

http://www.simpleynatural.co.uk/shop/accessories/soap-dishes/wooden-slatted-soap-dish-186.htm

kindredspirits
08-05-2012, 08:59 AM
your junk looks fun - but i'm much more interested in your floor!!! :laughing: do you find it stays down well or do the kiddies pull it up?? i'm moving to a new house with a little playroom so thinking of getting something soft down like that!

smurfette
08-05-2012, 11:00 AM
your junk looks fun - but i'm much more interested in your floor!!! :laughing: do you find it stays down well or do the kiddies pull it up?? i'm moving to a new house with a little playroom so thinking of getting something soft down like that!

I have this on my floor too, the occasional time the ones near the door get pulled up or my own kids swap the inserts for fun (as I have two sets down) but I just put them back when they are gone home. If u don't let muddy shoes in they stay pretty clean and if they get muddy i let it dry and vacuum it up. Great for crawlers and looks attractive when potential parents are visiting . Picked mine up second hand

zillervalley
08-05-2012, 11:04 AM

Hi Mushpea

I love your flooring where did you get it

ziller

butterfly
08-05-2012, 11:07 AM
Looks fab! We have a recycling collection every two weeks so I make sure we do junk modelling the week before the collection and then when i'm tired of all the boxes they can go straight out for collection!

loocyloo
08-05-2012, 11:23 AM
If you want things for threading, look out for wooden spoons with holes in. We have several - some with just one big hole (that the little ones can manage), some with lots of smaller holes and some with slots in them. The children love them & I try to avoid plastic, so I love them as well :thumbsup:

thanks for that idea ... i have them in my wooden sensory box ... never thought about threading them!

we threaded foil ribbon through the holes the metal colander, that was great fun!

mushpea
08-05-2012, 02:44 PM
the flooring comes from argos, its 2 packs for £15 and no they dont pull it up as I dont let them, I tell them its a mat for them to sit on an if they pull it up they will have to sit on the cold floor.
They loved the boxes this morning once they got the idea, when the first child arrived at 8am she was most shocked :laughing:, she just got a book and went and sat with that although she is quiet to begin with anyway,, when the next one arrived at 8.30am he also looked a bit perplexed but went and had a look and looked though the stuff then went and sat with her,, after a few minutes of chatting (she is 4yrs and he is a v.bright 3yrold) they started digging under the sofa, when i asked why they said they were looking for toys :laughing:, I explained that this is a no toy week and said why dont you look through the boxes and tubs and see what you can make and that was that, we had trains that we went to the seaside and zoo in , a mini market,, they then discoved that I had hidden milk bottle lids and other bits in some of the tubs and also a squidy fish which had to swim thorugh the stuff to get home,, the imaginations went wild it was great.
as for bringing other toys in i will wait either untill they run out of ideas or will bring some in next week and see what they do with them.

Tippy Toes
08-05-2012, 04:53 PM
Looks great! Bet the little ones will have loads of fun! xx

Milli147
08-05-2012, 04:54 PM
How did it go today? :)