Hi

This is my new theme. So far I have:
- finger printing apple tree
- fruit and veg collage
- make pineapple buddy
- make a banana
- Handa's surprise story sack
- finger painting grapes

I am aiming at 2 activities a day over a month.
The little ones I have are 14 months old and 20 months old. I also have a 4 year old but only a few hours. Anymore ideas??? Thank you

Elodie XX

Polly2
03-06-2008, 01:44 PM
Potato heads Just make funny faces on potatoes with felt and googly eyes.

Paper plates collages of veg

Maybe plant some veg?

Chell
03-06-2008, 03:04 PM
What about using a teaching mitt (http://www.chelltune.co.uk/teaching-mitt-five-healthy-eating-p-162.html)? Code 'Childminding' gives 5% discount.

SimplyLucy
03-06-2008, 05:21 PM
You could grow some carrot/parsnip tops, just put them in a saucer of water and they will re-sprout out the top.

I know they are only little so won't be able to help prepare much or cook the veg but you could have a tasing session.

Cook a load of mash potato and let them play with it when it's cold.

Fruit salad.

Fruit and veg printing.

Visit to fruit and veg shop.......they could help make shopping list first by sticking pictures onto a list.

mrsb
03-06-2008, 05:23 PM
we've made fruit kebabs before, also a fruit punch where the kids can make their own drinks etc.

Also frozen fruit smoothies make fab ice lollies ;)

foxy lady
03-06-2008, 05:30 PM
what about fruit printing
cut the friut in half long ways, dip in the paint and it will print fruit shapes

avril
03-06-2008, 07:22 PM
Pictures of fruit that the children can glue and stick with different materials, tissue paper,felt, etc... for texture

katickles
03-06-2008, 07:30 PM
What about some caribbean kind of theme - i'm thnking dressing them up in grass skirts with plastic fruit chains round their necks - they could help you make them. IYSWIM?

:)

breezy
03-06-2008, 07:47 PM
Cook a load of mash potato and let them play with it when it's cold.

yuk yuk yuk, I hate the feel of cold mashed potato, oh I'm cringing just thinking about it :(

hello kitty
03-06-2008, 09:35 PM
We made guacomole which the kids loved - surprisingly. We linked it to a Mexican theme.:)

tomthumb
05-06-2008, 12:08 PM
thanks everyone for the ideas. It is a lot easier when they get a bit older but at that age, I struggle!! Luckily I am going on a course soon 'babies aren't boring!'. Should help me out a bit.

Elodie X

katickles
05-06-2008, 12:25 PM
thanks everyone for the ideas. It is a lot easier when they get a bit older but at that age, I struggle!! Luckily I am going on a course soon 'babies aren't boring!'. Should help me out a bit.

Elodie X

That course sounds good - you'll have to let us know all about it :)

allinatiz
05-06-2008, 12:30 PM
Pictures of fruit that the children can glue and stick with different materials, tissue paper,felt, etc... for texture

If you used A4 paper to stick on to you could laminate them for placemats?

miffy
06-06-2008, 09:00 PM
If you used A4 paper to stick on to you could laminate them for placemats?

I've done that one - asked the children to stick on pictures of the things they liked - it makes an easy reference then.

Ofsetd liked it too

miffy xx