PDA

View Full Version : Taking potty everywhere?

buzzy bee
07-05-2012, 05:33 PM
One of my mums has text me to tell me LO is now potty trained, but I will need to take a potty with me everywhere because he won't use the toilet.

Does / has anyone done this?

I hadn't envisioned having to do this, and I don't know how comfortable I am whipping a potty out in public.

Is it "the done thing"?? I'm new to all this.

blue bear
07-05-2012, 05:57 PM
I've had to do this but ween them onto a toilet as soon as I can. You can buy travel potties that fold down tiny, I'm sure someone else will come along with more info.

Dragonfly
07-05-2012, 06:01 PM
yes, I have done that on many,many occasions over the years and not a travel one!

muffins
07-05-2012, 06:04 PM
yes, I have done that on many,many occasions over the years and not a travel one!

Me too:thumbsup:

onceinabluemoon
07-05-2012, 06:22 PM
I have the potette travel potty which doubles as a toddler seat for the loo.

chez
07-05-2012, 06:35 PM
I have the potette travel potty which doubles as a toddler seat for the loo.

Ive got the same the liners that are used with it mean you arent cleaning out pottys simpley tie the bag and bin. My LOs love that they are weeing on frogs with unbrellas (picture in the bottom of the liners) they are fantastic and I wouldnt turn back.

Jexer72
07-05-2012, 07:40 PM
I took a potty around for about a month when training my daughter. Only because she was excellent at telling me when she had to go but couldn't quite hold it long enough to get to the toilet. I didn't want her to feel upset by not making it to the toilet in time - whipping out the potty and having a successful wee was much better for her confidence. Wasn't long before she was making it to the toilet. :) Most of the time I was at toddler groups where everyone understood and were very supportive. ;)

PixiePetal
07-05-2012, 10:00 PM
I take one with me. My own kids used a normal small potty - aren't some huge now!

I bought a portable folding one for mindees - I use bags with sanitary towels in it to soak up - cheaper than real liners, especially for those mindees who do a tiny wee every half hour:rolleyes: Just need to make sure bags fit ok and always make up a new one and leave at the ready :thumbsup:

sharonmanc
07-05-2012, 10:14 PM
I am going to have to start doin gthis with my own daughter, she is great in the house, with no knickers on, we are now trying to get her to go with knickers too, once this is cracked it will be potty going everywhere with us, she has an aversion to the toilet, screams the house down, so potty it is. I use the pottette too. those of you that just use bags with a sanitary towel which ones do you use???

I bought the liners for the pottette when on sale, and they are quite expensive otherwise.

PixiePetal
07-05-2012, 10:32 PM
I am going to have to start doin gthis with my own daughter, she is great in the house, with no knickers on, we are now trying to get her to go with knickers too, once this is cracked it will be potty going everywhere with us, she has an aversion to the toilet, screams the house down, so potty it is. I use the pottette too. those of you that just use bags with a sanitary towel which ones do you use???

I bought the liners for the pottette when on sale, and they are quite expensive otherwise.

mine is one which does not go on the loo as a seat think it is 'port a potty'

I find decent make nappy sacks fit at a push with handles over the bits IYKWIM or pedal bin liners? carrier bags - make sure no holes! waste paper basket liners. All with cheap pads - 2 if they are kids who do a big wee. I do get them on a loo as soon as possible though as I prefer them to learn before it gets a habit they don't want to change from

sharonmanc
07-05-2012, 10:38 PM
Thank you Pixiepetal. I am trying to encourage her to use the toilet, hopefully it wont be too long before she starts to use it. She still freaks out if i take her into a baby changing room. I have never had this with my other children

loocyloo
08-05-2012, 05:31 PM
i had a LO who had just started toilet training and we were going out for the day :rolleyes: ( planned & booked, before i knew ! ) mum said she would send him in pull ups, but he always asked, but would not use the toilet. i had 2 others who use the toilet, so 'accidently' left the potty in the car and 'had' to use potty ( could have got it if needed! ) and LO was great! and now, is fine using the toilet whenever out and about. :D and will use toilet when out with mum too!

i usually ween them onto the toilet asap!