PDA

View Full Version : Variation

Kirsty90
07-05-2012, 05:17 PM
Hello,

I just need a bit of advice on whether or not you think Ofsted would grant this variation. I currently look after two children who are both on flexible contracts (parents are nurses).

One contract for 8m old is limited to Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and days vary from week to week. Other contract for 1y old is 2-3 days a week out of the 5. The first parent is wanting to change her contract to being over the 5 days as no longer has childcare on Monday and Fridays. The only problem is I am already up to my 3 under 5 on these days as care for 20m old all day and her 3y old brother until lunch time. So this means I would need a variation for Monday and Friday mornings but it would only be when both flexible contracts need these days iyswim?

Would ofsted grant this variation and how long would it normally take?

Thanks

Kirsty xx

muffins
07-05-2012, 06:02 PM
I dont see why not as long as you can show them you can provide all needed by them all together! Variations in my cases have taken 2-3wks, if I havent heard from them after 2 wks I usually ring them and hurry them along:thumbsup:

Chatterbox Childcare
07-05-2012, 07:12 PM
I think they would - it is continuity of care.

Jollybones
07-05-2012, 07:16 PM
Yes under continuity of care, I have had two authorised over the last few years for similar circumstances -shift workers needing me to be available all week but only usually needing 3-4 days. :)

Beccles26
07-05-2012, 08:35 PM
I applied to Ofsted for a variation for one day (parent had a funeral) that was about 4 weeks ago, still haven't heard weather I could of had it. Funeral was end of april.

clairelou
07-05-2012, 09:42 PM
I could do with a variation as I have a grannie who is struggling to cope with one I have and mum would love me to have her more...... thing is its 3 years last January since I had my inspection and I fear asking for a variation will initiate an inspection.... it did 7 years ago when i asked:eek: