PDA

View Full Version : Taking mindee to another mindee's house??

Blades35
04-05-2012, 09:52 PM
Hi everyone! Need some advice, one of my mindee's mum, has very nicely invited myself, my daughter & my other minded child over to her house for a play date. I'm not sure if I should take my mindee? I'm thinking it's a no-no as I haven't risk assessed the premises etc, but then it's a family home & one of my mindee's homes, so they all know eachother, and it would be good change of scenary, little afternoon out etc, but I'm not sure if I should take mindee? Or would I just need parental consent? Advice please! Thank you!xxR

maluvsya89
04-05-2012, 09:55 PM
me and other minders go to eachother houses with our mindees we ask the parents and they usually don't mind.... especially if its been a horrible wet week!! :) they love to see what we did there so take lots of photos even if its the children sitting eating cake and having there own tea party ;) x

miss mopple
04-05-2012, 10:00 PM
Go for it and have fun! You cant possibly risk assess every single thing!

Enjoy :D

samb
04-05-2012, 10:14 PM
You would risk assess naturally as you walk in - you mentally take note of things that could cause a problem to mindee such as where the exits are, how secure they are, where stairs are, if there are stair gates, what breakable items are within reach etc. You could always do a "visiting other's houses" checklist risk assessment where you write things to look out for at others houses. You could also add to the list and date when you have been somewhere and something you may have seen has made you think of something else - like cat flap for instance.

uf353432
04-05-2012, 10:28 PM
of course you should take the mindee to visit. Totally agree with PP, risk assess on the job and out of courtesy mention plans to mindee's mum and/or dad. This is a great opportunity for your mindee to make connections within his community, and as a childminder a great opportunity for you to see your other mindee in his natural habitat, not to mention working in partnership with parents. Enjoy your playdate :)

Blades35
04-05-2012, 11:15 PM
That's great, thank you! We will enjoy our playdate, just wasn't 100% sure, but am happy now! Thanks again!x:clapping:

chez
05-05-2012, 06:15 AM
sounds a brilliant opportunity to show some parents as partners, however I would have a think of where the children will be playing - living room with you or the childs bedroom if it is the 2nd are you able to see/hear mindee as you must keep all minded children within ear / eye sight. Also if they were to play in the bedroom could other adults have unsupervised access to the mindee?

May just be worth considering before you go

The Juggler
05-05-2012, 08:15 AM
I've often done this :thumbsup:

Blades35
05-05-2012, 08:26 AM
Thanks, mindee will be within my sights as just starting to walk, so doesn't get too far! I'll let the parents know & enjoy our day, thanks again!xx

miffy
06-05-2012, 08:53 PM
I've often done this :thumbsup:

Me too. Have fun :thumbsup:

Miffy xx