PDA

View Full Version : Help!!!

SammyL
04-05-2012, 07:31 PM
Hi,

I've been on my LA course for childminders & have completed that along with a First Aid course.

I'll be moving house in the next 3 weeks (ish) & want to send off my forms to Ofsted on Monday as I have a parent who would like me to care for their child from beginning of July.
I need to have my pre Ofsted visit too - how long does the process from sending papers of normally take & i'v seen on some other posts people mentioning a 'booklet' - i'm not aure where i'm supposed to get one from or even if im supposed to have one.

There's so much i'm doing to prepare that I think i'm worrying about things & getting muddled up now!

So, do you think that it's ok for me to send my papers off on Monday & have time to move in & have a pre-reg visit before Ofsted would be out to visit me??

Thanks & sorry for rambling! x

moggy
04-05-2012, 07:44 PM
Hello,, Ofsted say:
"We aim to complete the registration
process within 12 weeks of receiving a complete application. An application is not complete
until we have received all relevant forms, including declaration and consent forms (EY2) and
completed Criminal Records Bureau disclosure application forms for everyone who is named in
your application, and you have paid the application fee to us. A number of stages in the process
depend on information from other agencies and action that you need to take: these may cause
delays that are outside our control."

The booklet is probably this one you can download:
http://www.ofsted.gov.uk/resources/guide-registration-early-years-register-childminder

For me it was the CRB/social services check that took the longest and it all took about 3 months for me. Most important though is to make sure that you have sent them all the info they need, the fee is paid and that every form is filled in correctly. Good luck with it.

SammyL
04-05-2012, 08:12 PM
Hello,, Ofsted say:
"We aim to complete the registration
process within 12 weeks of receiving a complete application. An application is not complete
until we have received all relevant forms, including declaration and consent forms (EY2) and
completed Criminal Records Bureau disclosure application forms for everyone who is named in
your application, and you have paid the application fee to us. A number of stages in the process
depend on information from other agencies and action that you need to take: these may cause
delays that are outside our control."

The booklet is probably this one you can download:
http://www.ofsted.gov.uk/resources/guide-registration-early-years-register-childminder

For me it was the CRB/social services check that took the longest and it all took about 3 months for me. Most important though is to make sure that you have sent them all the info they need, the fee is paid and that every form is filled in correctly. Good luck with it.

Thank you so much! Do I have to send off for my CRB or do they do that?

Jiorjiina
05-05-2012, 07:05 PM
Ofsted will send you the forms and pay, you just fill them in and send them off.

miffy
06-05-2012, 08:32 PM
The booklet is also in free resources (free downloads) at the top of the forum

MIFFY XX

sarah707
07-05-2012, 09:06 AM
Write yourself a 'to do' list and prioritise the most important things - filling in your pre-registration booklet, making sure you can meet all the requirements of the EYFS 2008 etc.

good luck! :D