PDA

View Full Version : Giving Up

venus89
04-05-2012, 01:14 PM
I think I am going to be giving up in September. I love so much of Childminding but I also feel very, very tired. My house is always a mess, my own children always come last, I am never on top of all the bits of paperwork. I don't want to train half of Saturday then work Sunday. I don't want to wonder exactly when I'm being paid - I have one parent leaving next month and I think they'll go with £1000 of my money, I made the mistake everyone says and worked with friends. They're having such a tough time at the moment the simply don't have the money to pay me, there's no point taking them to court or kicking up a stink about it as I know they can't pay me. I'm waving goodbye to my other two in the summer too, one off to school, one to preschool. Both parents wanted me to keep their children on - one a before and after school pickup in another village that clashes with my son's, the other a preschool run halfway through the day and then again in the evening in another village (so I'd have her 10.15-12 then 4-5.45. No thanks).

It's really quiet here, has been for ages. There are only 2 of us in the town and we've both found we've had no enquiries lately. And I think that if they deregulate Childminders then all our credibility will go down the pan, I think it will deaden the business even more.

Anway, that wasn't waht I came on to say! What I wanted to know was if I do give up and sell some of my old toys and equipment, does that count as income as they technically belong to the business? Do I have to sell them or can I keep or give away some or all of it?

The Juggler
04-05-2012, 01:15 PM
if you sell them after you give up, I don't see why you have to declare it as income ;)

The Juggler
04-05-2012, 01:16 PM
oh and meant to say it's very sad you are giving up honey. :( hope you are ok - hugs xx

venus89
04-05-2012, 01:21 PM
Oh I'm fine, my children are growing up - oldest off to secondary school (boarding school, very scary), youngest will be going into year 5. I do 2 days a week at the Children's Centre, have done since last Jan, there's a chance I may be able to do full time from Sept. The money will be pants as I will have to carry on being a temp but with that I'm not tied to a contract, including not being tied to only having, say, 3 weeks off in a year. Plus I could walk to work, no travel fees, tax and NI paid before I get my money. Paid holidays.... Just fingers crossed they can find enough in the budget to pay me!

And I've loved the job, it was perfect when my children were younger