PDA

View Full Version : im rubbish sometimes!!!

samkeddy
04-05-2012, 12:51 PM
Im having a bad week, how do you cope when having a bad week??

i only plan a couple of proper activities a week as we do between 5 & 6 school runs a day a childminding network, playgroup and library, then i just fill in the gaps

But this week i am so tired my brain wont work, i cant think of any things to do inbetween, dont get me wrong the kids are quite happily playing with the toys i got out for the week (they choose a couple of different toyboxes a beginning of week) but i just feel useless!!! I should be doing more but they dont want me to join in and..................... oh i dont know lol..............

buzzy bee
04-05-2012, 12:58 PM
If they're happy playing and don't want you to join in then I suggest putting your feet up and enjoying the rest!! :laughing:

I am also having a bad week and I'm sooo glad it's the weekend. Hope your's gets better!

rhea26
04-05-2012, 01:18 PM
Sounds like they are fine! We had a morning at the park today then home for lunch and they have been free playing since, at the moment ds is setting himself up a pretend shed with his workbench and dd and mindee are role playing with the dolls and prams, we are painting in a while but I am 8 months pregnant and sooo tired and been full of cold and feeling rubbish all week so I am sat on the sofa observing!

The Juggler
04-05-2012, 01:22 PM
i only do a 0900 and 1500 school run each day and I don't plan that many activities. I plan the resources that are out each day but they stay out (unless a child requests an alternative), we do songime once a day, one messy play once per day (playdoh or drawing or gluing) then maybe once a week we do toddlers/library/children's centre and do an adult led activity such as painting, super messy play (cornflour etc)

rest of time is freeplay and garden.

kel1983
04-05-2012, 01:34 PM
We tend to plan as we go. If its nice weather and we dont have to be back within a couple of hours we will go out to woods, lake etc. If we only have a couple of hours we wil get to he park or pop to library, It all depends on the mood of the children and ours. If they are happy to play we let them get on with it. If they are starting to lose interest in something we suggest another toy or craft activity.

They wont let us play with them :clapping: so We make the most of freeplay time. Feet up observing :thumbsup:.

BucksCM
04-05-2012, 03:16 PM
Hey, stop worrying...it's Friday afternoon!!:D
There's no more week left!! :laughing:
Woohoo!:jump for joy:

Bridey
04-05-2012, 03:20 PM
You've a house full of happy children and you feel like a rubbish minder? Just sit back and enjoy the moment, you're not rubbish at all! :)

adele1985
04-05-2012, 03:27 PM
lol i know the feeling

the two mindees i have had this week ( both 3) have been quite happy playing together

I have tried planning things for them to do (water play today, messy foam yesterday, painting wednesday)

They sit down with me for 5 minuets make as much mess as possible and then after the 5 mins they say " i dont want to play with this anymore" :rolleyes:

at the minuet i have 2 mindees (9 years and 3 years) they are making a puppet show together ive been told do stay out of the playroom so im watching from the kitchen table:rolleyes:

I have the 9 year old till 830 tonight when other mindee goes we will be making short bread and banana smoothies

she will then take her self to the playroom and i will be again told not to disturb her

Baildon bears
04-05-2012, 09:43 PM
Don't worry about it, we all have our go with the flow weeks, im sure the kids have loved just doing what they want to do. They need down time too. :thumbsup:

uf353432
04-05-2012, 10:10 PM
on weeks like that I utilise my continuous provision and use the time to just watch the children and see if it gives me any new information on where to go the following week.

Sometimes children benefit from being left to play independantly - as do we - so recharge your batteries :)