PDA

View Full Version : IF i had a baby of my own

Katiecares
04-05-2012, 11:57 AM
Hi,

I just want to know were i stand.

IF i were to get pregnant and have a baby how does that effect things with my business.

Am i able to carry on minding any children I have at the time.

thanks

muffins
04-05-2012, 02:06 PM
Yes, there is nothing to say you HAVE to have any time off at all, and your likely to get a variation for continuity of care for current mindees if it takes you over your numbers:thumbsup:

munch149
04-05-2012, 03:59 PM
think you legally have to take 2 weeks off but can claim maternity allowance. have just had my first tho and will just say beware and be prepared for all senarios. i took 6 weeks and was under the impression all my mindees were coming back now im off at least until sept as two gave notice and one isnt coming back til sept when she starts school. this has kind of left me stuck as whilst still claiming MA i wasnt prepared to be living on such a low income for as long as i now will be. At the end of the day there is never a right time to have a baby in my opinion as there is always buts ans what ifs and i wouldnt change having my daughter for the world.

littlecheeks
04-05-2012, 05:06 PM
i had a baby while minding, you can work right up until you drop and i think you can go back to work as quickly as you like (i think the 2 week off is for employers and employees) but im not 100% on that, maybe someone who knows more can correct me if im wrong. it will of course effect your numbers and wont be able to have an under 1. you only need to let ofsted know once youve had the baby, they were not really interested in being pregnant (as long as your fit and well).
x

muffins
04-05-2012, 05:52 PM
i had a baby while minding, you can work right up until you drop and i think you can go back to work as quickly as you like (i think the 2 week off is for employers and employees) but im not 100% on that, maybe someone who knows more can correct me if im wrong. it will of course effect your numbers and wont be able to have an under 1. you only need to let ofsted know once youve had the baby, they were not really interested in being pregnant (as long as your fit and well).
x

I already had a mindee under one when I had my DD and I was allowed to keep having him obv as well as my DD, so giving me 2 under 1's. They allowed it for continuity of care, having her also ment I had 4 in EY's for a couple of days which was also allowed for thet reason:thumbsup: