PDA

View Full Version : Car seats

It's a small world
04-05-2012, 11:03 AM
Hi

Im looking at getting two new car seats for my car. Im looking at 5 point harness 'booster seats'? What does everyone recommend. Mindees 18months + so thinkiing of taking out baby seats and upgrading to next level hopefully less heavy and less struggle moving seats around for various runs.
Advice welcome ?

AliceK
04-05-2012, 11:28 AM
Hi

Im looking at getting two new car seats for my car. Im looking at 5 point harness 'booster seats'? What does everyone recommend. Mindees 18months + so thinkiing of taking out baby seats and upgrading to next level hopefully less heavy and less struggle moving seats around for various runs.
Advice welcome ?

I've got 2 of these. I originally bought one for my DD when she was younger and have since bought another. DD has outgrown hers now so I have 2 for minded children. They are great, really easy to use, light and easy to transfer plus they are really safe :thumbsup:

http://www.kiddy.de/en/childrens-car-seats/9months-12years/kiddy-guardian-pro.html

xxx

littletreasures
04-05-2012, 12:41 PM
I'll second the kiddy seats. I've got the infinity pro which can be used up to 18 kg or 4 years. I have 2 and will probably be needing to get another car seat. I will probably buy the guardian pro as they can be used without the impact shield so my oldest mindee can go in that.

The children really seem to like them and it doesn't bother them going from a 5 point harness in mummy's car to the kiddy seat in mine.

It's a small world
04-05-2012, 01:03 PM
They look great but sadly dont think my budget will stretch that far at the moment unless you know somewhere that does them at a reasonable price. Think they're fab though. Wish I had more money :-(

samb
04-05-2012, 10:23 PM
http://www.kiddicare.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/productdisplayA_65_10751_-1_14571_147937_10001_14568

I have just bought one of these - fits easily in car and looks like it would be simple to take off the harness to convert to highback booster. Other mindee is now saying he wants me to get him a new car seat too! :rolleyes:

It's a small world
05-05-2012, 07:04 AM
http://www.kiddicare.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/productdisplayA_65_10751_-1_14571_147937_10001_14568

I have just bought one of these - fits easily in car and looks like it would be simple to take off the harness to convert to highback booster. Other mindee is now saying he wants me to get him a new car seat too! :rolleyes:

Lol was looking at these last night. Well within my budget. Going shopping today to explore options and safety before purchasing . Thanks for advice everyon x

Two Princesses
05-05-2012, 07:32 AM
I've been looking at one of these too! How wide is it?

loocyloo
05-05-2012, 10:53 AM

i have one of these( or VERY similar! ), its great! i'm going to get another as i now need 4 5 point seats! mine is 45cm wide.

Chatterbox Childcare
05-05-2012, 11:51 AM
Different car seats fit in different cars. I would go to your local Mothercare and ask there advice - you don't have to buy from them but at least you know what fits best in your car

samb
05-05-2012, 08:18 PM
I have a VW Sharan and it fits well but obviously they are all individual seats so easier to fit different ones in. To give you an idea they do look bulky - my 2 have the Graco Junior Maxi seats and they are either side of this one. The base of the seat is slightly wider than the Graco although the Graco then has the cupholders at the front which make it wider at the front. I went for it for the price and versatility. I was willing to take the risk of wasting £30 and having to send back if it didn't fit.

It's a small world
05-05-2012, 08:56 PM
Hi

Got one from Halfords in teh sale £99 reduced to £60 tri something it was called. Not too bulky ages 9mths - 12 years main car seat belt goes under arms (hidden) and then round back of seat making it very secure. Nice Halfords man fitted for me. They actually checked that it fitted my car properly and securely (display seat) before alowing me to commit to biy- very impressed , hoping mindee likes it on Tuesday. Will be purchasing another one in September or hopefully before but may have to pay full price but want 2 the same. Sadly money tight and not enough to but 2 this month maybe month after next if parent pays me on time :blush:. Thanks for advice