PDA

View Full Version : How long until your fisrt inspection?

Mollymop
03-06-2008, 11:41 AM
Hi guys and gals,

I was just wondering how long it took from getting your certificate till ofsted came for your first inspection.

My friend said about 6-8 weeks, but on my course I was told 6-8 months.

littlesprogs
03-06-2008, 11:47 AM
i've just had a letter from them asking if i am minding yet and some people on here said that they normally come a few months after that.

berkschick
03-06-2008, 11:49 AM
I was reg in December, had a call in January asking if I was minding yet and then had my inspection last week, 5 months after registering.

The norm is around 6 months I think.

Mollymop
03-06-2008, 11:51 AM
Phew good, I was worried cos of what my friend said - 6 weeks is not long enough to get myself settled into childminding. I need a few more months yet.
thanks

foxy lady
03-06-2008, 11:52 AM
i started minding begining of september and had my inspection end of april
ofsted called me about 3 weeks before to ask if i had any children on the role
the inspector phoned the week before my visit to see when i would be at home and when i had children
hope that helps, but i know it varies alot in different areas

katickles
03-06-2008, 11:55 AM
I was registered in Jan & had my first inspection last month, so 5 months. My friend however has been registerd since August/September & hasn't had her 1st inspection :rolleyes:

sarah707
03-06-2008, 12:40 PM
I think 6 months is usual - might be a bit of a delay with eyfs I suppose :D

Wendy Woo
03-06-2008, 01:12 PM
i staredt minding in oct last year and had my inspection last month so mine was 7 mths. I have a childminder friend tho that started in oct time aswell and she is still waiting for the call !!!!!!!!!!!
Flamin ofsted

Spangles
03-06-2008, 01:22 PM
I was registered last August and started minding in September but still no inspection. They've phoned twice to see what hours and ages I do!

Wish they'd blinking well get on with it!

louised
03-06-2008, 05:25 PM
I had been registered for 3 months only minding for 4 weeks when I had my inspection, I ran around like a mad thing all weekend trying to get ready cause I was so unprepared as I had been told between 5 and 7 months for your first inspection. my advice would be to prepare as you go just in case you get a phone call sooner than you think, that way it won't be so hetic for you.

SimplyLucy
03-06-2008, 05:31 PM
I registered last August........had a phone call back in October time to see what hours and ages I had, but still haven't had my inspection.

My sister registered the same time as me and she hasn't had her inspection yet either.

Trouble
03-06-2008, 05:43 PM
mine was 6 months so your ok yet

hows your day

Lottie
03-06-2008, 05:55 PM
If it's around 6 months than my inspection would be after September. Do you think the eyfs is going to make a difference with regards to inspections and will we need to do more?

squiggle
03-06-2008, 07:51 PM
i registered last June and had my inspection in april.

everyone in my area who was due an inspection seemed to have them in the same couple of weeks. they were catching up!

Jen x

Gherkin
03-06-2008, 10:43 PM
i staredt minding in oct last year and had my inspection last month so mine was 7 mths. I have a childminder friend tho that started in oct time aswell and she is still waiting for the call !!!!!!!!!!!
Flamin ofsted

Yes I am still waiting for the call Wendy! Registered in August started minding September 10th 2007. Had a call in December asking who I had when, received another call in mid-April and still no inspection. I keep putting plans on hold as I feel I can't go away for a weekend as they will call just before I go. Just want to get it over with. They are doing our area but maybe just not me.

I did wonder that because I had no recommendations from my Pre-registration visit that they may be leaving me until they have done minders who had recommendations to complete. Either way I just want to know where I am.

LittleAcorns
04-06-2008, 05:00 AM
I was registered last July and Im having mine next week, i was due to be done 2 weeks ago but due to illness it had to be posponed, so coming up for 10 months!!! wow has it really been that long?

Jinx
04-06-2008, 10:18 AM
Was registered in May 2007, had calls from Ofsted in Oct about numbers etc but then nothing. I finally rang them in March '08 and they came within 2 weeks!!!!!
I know, I'm bonkers requesting an inspection!!!! But I wanted it over and done with. LOL! :jump for joy:

Jinx x

Blaze
04-06-2008, 10:31 AM
They tried to inspect me after 2 weeks..luckily (for me) the LO I was minding was in hospital & I was unsure of when or even if he would be back (he did come back & i mind him to this day)...They ended up inspecting me after 41/2 months & the inpection lasted 5 hours!:eek: