PDA

View Full Version : Artificial grass!

suzyblue
04-05-2012, 08:20 AM
My grass was mostly a muddy patch and the kids couldnt go out very often so here it is - what do you think?

angeldelight
04-05-2012, 08:25 AM
Oh I love it

It looks really nice :clapping::clapping:

How much did it cost for that area

Angel xx

suzyblue
04-05-2012, 08:28 AM
I had a few things done in the garden as well as the grass, such as trimming trees, clearing rubbish, block edging, laying bark chippings and he made two benches for the kids. Total cost £1850.00 I chose quite an expensive grass too :thumbsup:

nipper
04-05-2012, 08:29 AM
That is lovely, really nice. Is it soft underfoot and do they use a sort of underlay like carpet?

CH1957
04-05-2012, 08:31 AM
Looks lovely, Ive just done part of my garden with artificial grass - best thing ever! No mud walked in the house and no having to cut it.

mama2three
04-05-2012, 08:40 AM
Its lovely - I priced it up but just to supply it was over a thousand pounds - plus all the preperation and laying. Maybe one day.

Tazmin68
04-05-2012, 09:34 AM
I was really luck there was a grant available for childminders and nurseries just before the change in gov and I managed to get a grant for artificial turf, wooden playhouse and a laptop for older children. The turf was 1500 and now 18 months later am still really happy about it

angeldelight
04-05-2012, 10:19 AM
I had a few things done in the garden as well as the grass, such as trimming trees, clearing rubbish, block edging, laying bark chippings and he made two benches for the kids. Total cost £1850.00 I chose quite an expensive grass too :thumbsup:

Thats a really good price

I think you got a bargain because I was quoted a lot more than that when I wanted some and only about the size of your area too

Angel xx

Chimps Childminding
04-05-2012, 10:26 AM
It looks lovely, as does the rest of your garden! Mine really needs cutting but its soooooo wet!!! Think I may have to get a goat :rolleyes:

Twinkle-Toes
04-05-2012, 10:35 AM
Your garden looks great!!

We are hoping to get some artificial grass too but the size we need it's going to cost mega money.

loocyloo
04-05-2012, 12:46 PM
It looks lovely, as does the rest of your garden! Mine really needs cutting but its soooooo wet!!! Think I may have to get a goat :rolleyes:

i'd quite like a goat :laughing: or a sheep! DH isn't so keen though!

i have muttered about artificial grass too, but DH likes mowing it! i've got gravel & slabs where the children play, but i was even wondering about some of that rubber stuff they use in parks!

cs01
04-05-2012, 12:51 PM
It looks lovely :)

Vickster
04-05-2012, 07:24 PM
It looks lovely! We had ours done last year and it is the best thing we have done. It is like having a carpet outside, great for new walkers, rough and tumble play and keeping mud out of the house!

jumpinjen
04-05-2012, 07:30 PM
i'd quite like a goat :laughing: or a sheep! DH isn't so keen though!

i have muttered about artificial grass too, but DH likes mowing it! i've got gravel & slabs where the children play, but i was even wondering about some of that rubber stuff they use in parks!

I've got that under my climbing frame - it's brill, heavier than bark so doesn't walk off everywhere and it has absorbed some falls from the bigger children with no injuries- i had it from a chap on ebay that gives discounts to CM's!!!

grass looks great though - tempted for new house but have already convinced hubby to build me a playroom, think I might be pushing it with the grass too!!!

jen x

nikki thomson
04-05-2012, 07:39 PM
That looks great, I saw some at the ideal home show and I had a walk on it, sooooo lush.
We live in an army quarter so not an option which is a real shame as ours is just one big mud/squelchy and long as I can't get out to cut it as its to wet.
Even the rabbits had enough, his paws are now flippers it's so wet,lol. X

flowerpots
04-05-2012, 08:06 PM
Looks fab, our grass is moslty moss :blush: will try to talk oh around to it. :)

francinejayne
04-05-2012, 09:46 PM

that looks lovely - please can you give me some info regarding how many square metres your area is and who did it? I am seriously considering having it done - I have had NoMow to my house ewho have provided a quote of £2999.99 incl VAT all fitted for 53 square metres - so it would be interesting to see how that compares to yours!

I want it - looks lovely! I love the bricks around the edge too!

uf353432
04-05-2012, 10:16 PM
oh thats seriously nice - a friend of mine had hers done but I have to be honest I don't think they did nearly as good a job. I think a goat might be cheaper for me though!

suzyblue
05-05-2012, 07:24 PM
that looks lovely - please can you give me some info regarding how many square metres your area is and who did it? I am seriously considering having it done - I have had NoMow to my house ewho have provided a quote of £2999.99 incl VAT all fitted for 53 square metres - so it would be interesting to see how that compares to yours!

I want it - looks lovely! I love the bricks around the edge too!

I think that's actually a good price. Mine was cheap as the landscaper hadn't done it before so I think under quoted me a bit. It was 30sq metres and the grass was 27.00 per sq metre. I would definety go for the best grass you can afford.

suzyblue
05-05-2012, 07:26 PM
It looks lovely! We had ours done last year and it is the best thing we have done. It is like having a carpet outside, great for new walkers, rough and tumble play and keeping mud out of the house!

Thanks! Do you need to sweep or clean it much? I noticed bird poo on mine already! Grrrr!

Tazmin68
05-05-2012, 08:16 PM
Hi
It was nomow who did mine and have had it two years in sept and still happy. The rep was called Duncan.

I did have two other quotes one was higher the other lower but the grass was too artificial the no mow one has the moss in it.

francinejayne
05-05-2012, 09:43 PM
Hi
It was nomow who did mine and have had it two years in sept and still happy. The rep was called Duncan.

I did have two other quotes one was higher the other lower but the grass was too artificial the no mow one has the moss in it.

Thank you - my friend has NoMow and I like hers, although hers is the slightly shorter one and from the samples I prefer the slightly longer (and unfortunately more expensive) one!

I am going to ring them on Tuesday and ask if I can go and see a garden with the same grass that I want - I want to see it in person before I spend all that money!

Vickster
06-05-2012, 08:32 PM
Sun cream stays on it (March weather!) It comes off with water. I sweep ours when leaves, blossom lands on it. My mindees like to brush it too.

LittleLegsCM
06-05-2012, 10:10 PM
Is it sad that this post excites me?! :blush:

When ofsted registered me I asked for them to do it on the basis the back garden wasnt to be used. I decided this because the fence on both sides was drooping inwards and the concrete path was crumbling and falling apart from the snow. I knew they would quite possibly refuse me to start work without doing the work and as we couldnt afford it at the time, cutting the garden off until it was ready was the best option!

Finally after saving we are getting the whole thing done at the end of the month, including artifical grass and I am mega excited!!! We've lived here 5 years at the end of the month and the back garden has been embarrassing since the day we moved in :( it will be so nice to finally allow our 19month boy out to play as well as the mindees! (I've even picked up an immaculate condition slide from netmums this weekend for £15! bit premature I know but I couldnt resist!) lol x

sophia36
06-05-2012, 10:17 PM
I've never thought about artificial grass before reading these posts today and now I'm desperate for some! We have a play area which in parts is quite shady. The grass is so patchy and boggy so this sounds like a brilliant solution.:idea:

Thanks guys! Just got to persuade hubby now who conveiniently happens to be a gardener:clapping::clapping:

Tazmin68
07-05-2012, 05:43 AM
It wa nomow who did mine . Very happy with them and have no issues will be two years in sept

LIBBY
07-05-2012, 08:43 PM
It looks brilliant! Does he grass count as an expense?

babs
07-05-2012, 10:25 PM
looks great . would like to ask though, at the bottom of our garden is a small wooded area and our garden gets full of leaves so how to you keep it clean..

Tazmin68
08-05-2012, 12:42 AM
Sweep it , jet wash it can be disinfected just dont stand a barbicue on it No mow came in three different heights I was told taking into account dog go for middle one short too short and long she might be tempted to tug. Short quote approx 1200 med 1500 and long 1700

suzyblue
08-05-2012, 06:26 AM
It looks brilliant! Does he grass count as an expense?

I will put it down as an expense as I wouldnt be getting it if I didnt have the children here.