PDA

View Full Version : baby mindees

debbie1
03-05-2012, 04:21 PM
Hi all as you know i have just become registered and i am already full with 2 under 18mths daily :clapping::clapping: thing is what activities do you do as they are all around 8mths old 1 is 16mths and apart from painting, sticking glitter and sequins etc and jelly play im stuck they dont really like getting hands in stuff lol dont want them to become bored i have done baking but as i said they just seem happy to not want to get messy, i am doing scrapbooks with pics of all different activities and craft they have done, does that sound ok any ideas debbie x

Bridey
03-05-2012, 05:42 PM
They are still very young so don't push yourself into trying to do lots of arts and craft activities with them, they won't really be that interested yet. At this age they are far more interested in exploring their environment and learning how their bodies work than producing art and tokens to take home. Slow down a little bit, observe them and make some plans from there, working with the EYFS Development Matters for guidance as to what you can do with them at this age.

(Sorry this isn't specific but I've just finished work and am sooooooo tired!!)

manjay
03-05-2012, 05:50 PM
I agree with Bridey, don't try to do too many planned activities/messy play. You all need time to get to know each other. From your initial observations you have already noticed that they don't really enjoy messy play so you won't be following their interests if you keep on doing it with them.

There is no specific guidance for that age range at the moment in Wales but a new framework is due later this year. I would say go with the flow:thumbsup:

debbie1
03-05-2012, 06:34 PM
Thank you i know i was thinking that but you get parents saying oh are they doing craft today:( oh i cant wait to see what they do lol so i get to feel guilty about not doing it, well sorting out treasure baskets now hopefully they will enjoy this more, they are all soooo gorgeous i really love my job lol... :clapping:

The Juggler
03-05-2012, 09:05 PM
for my littlies i often kit out my sensory tent and change the contents around. they also love the smallworld play on a low table and really enjoy the dollies and kitchen in the home corner.

:thumbsup:

maluvsya89
03-05-2012, 09:05 PM
when mine were that age they use to love the following:
herb bags with lots of different herbs in different bags
bottles filled with beeds/shells/stones/pasta/rice
a pieces of paper with lots of different stickers to stick on (foam ones are easier for them to pull of and stick on)
gloop (which is messy)
catching insects and watching them for a while "feeding" them then if we are lucky finding them a new home they seemed to fall asleep and not wake up :(
filling paddling pool up with balls (mini ball pit) spend hours in there
chucking big cushins or bean bags on the floor and they try to make there way over them dipping and diving every where
making our own instruments was a good one
filling lots of different trays up with rice pasta lentils all some cooked some uncooked

crise i could go on hope this will help you a little but relax dont push them to hard.
i also have a big board up with pictures of what we are doing or where we are going (we go to groups 3days a week) and written above what it is for the parents to see.

xx

debbie1
04-05-2012, 06:52 AM
Thank you all for advice its lovely, will get them exploring more and weather is nice lots to do on the beach etc xx

Bridey
04-05-2012, 07:15 AM
lots to do on the beach etc xx

JEALOUS!!!!!!!!!!!! :o