PDA

View Full Version : chicken pox

nipper
03-05-2012, 12:22 PM
Mum of mindee (11 months old) called me last night to say lo had spots on her back and legs, had I noticed anything to which I replied no. She had been fine all day with me and definitely no spots. I could hear little one screaming in the background.
Anyway, this morning had a text to say she seemed much better (but no mention whether spots had disappeared), how long before she could come back (today was an extra day she booked yesterday) to which I replied not until the last spot had dropped off as per my sickness policy. I also asked if she could use today to make an appt at doctors to get it confirmed either way as I have a duty of care to the other children and also one of my mums who is five months pregnant.
I haven't heard from her so am thinking I wonder if she has bothered to get it checked out. She is due tomorrow so what should I do, check her on the door if she arrives or just take her mums word for it? If it is chickenpox, it could only be a mild case but even so I not going to risk it. Any sign of a spot and she's barred!

Tink
03-05-2012, 12:37 PM
I would give her a call and say "Hello, I was just wondering how ? was today, have her little spots gone?

It's going round at the minute I've got 3 off with it this week!!