PDA

View Full Version : Help with writing to Ofsted please...

vix84
03-06-2008, 09:40 AM
Hi, can anyone give me an idea of how to write to Ofsted about :

a) Our new conservatory - do I just say it is this size and style, include a risk assesment saying I keep the key to the back door on a hook by door, windows are top openers but also have restricter openers on them, plug sockets have socket covers, when it is warm, the doors can be opened and secured, the children are encouraged to not go out the doors on their own and wait for help down the step, the back gate is secure and locked at all times so if they do go out they cant escape etc.
Anything else?

b) Im now on mat. leave and plan to return in September - is that all I say?

c) As we now whave cons. can I increase my ratio from 5 under 8's (3 under 5, 1 under 1) to now 6 under 8's, (3 under 5, 1 under 1 - being my own baby)
How do I write this? Is this a variation or can I include it all in the one leter?
The guy at Ofsted also said I dont need a new certificate if I just want to include my new baby as the 1 under 1 - but I thought the new one would have to read 5/6 under 8's, 3 under 5, 0 under 1 for eg.

ajs
03-06-2008, 09:46 AM
sorry i can't help i've never had either a conservatory or a baby while minding
i am sure someone will be able to help soon though

berkschick
03-06-2008, 10:45 AM
Are you asking for a variation to keep on the under 5 you currently have?

They will not change your certificate to say 3 under 5 and 1 under 1. It will say 2 under 5 as your under 1 is taken up by your baby. You are only allowed a total of 3 under 5 including your own children.

Unless what you are wanting to do is have 4 under 5 for continuation of care for the mindees you currently have. In this case, you will need to give them full names, dates of birth and the days ans times you have each child and then your certificate will be amended to show this variation.

I have a variation for 4 under 5 on a Thursday between the hours of 9am and 3pm. When J leaves this Thursday, I will not be able to replace him as the variation is only for the children named in the letter I wrote when I asked for the variation.

Does any of that make sense??!!

vix84
03-06-2008, 10:56 AM
Hi, no I am not asking for a variation to keep on any or take on extra's - I was going to for one day but this has all changed!

I am still planning on sticking to 3 under 5 (my baby being the under 1, and then 2 toddlers)

littlesprogs
03-06-2008, 10:59 AM
I wrote to ofsted to inform them of me moving house and told them i was pregnant at the same time and they told me to just ring after baby is born so they can note it on my file that i have a baby they never said anything about changing my certificate as he will just be included in what is already on there.

vix84
03-06-2008, 01:41 PM
Ok thanks, will just do a leter and see how that goes

angeldelight
03-06-2008, 08:04 PM
Good luck with your letter

Angel xx