PDA

View Full Version : raring to go?

notts
02-05-2012, 07:43 PM
I'm newly registered and been holding off on any advertising until after my holiday. Well in back! And not quite raring to go! We went to Spain, my daughter took poorly, she's 2 only hrs of being there which led to 4 days hospitalised! Gastroenteritis, fever, dehydration! Scary, very! Anyway, were back, she's on the mend but I feel somewhat far from raring to go. Any inspiration out there, please share haha!

Bluebell
03-05-2012, 06:02 AM
OMG you poor thing - glad she's getting better now. I'm not surprised you're drained as I'm sure you have spent the last few days doing nothing but being there for your child with all that worrying on top! My advice would be to have some rest and give yourself a break. Maybe Put some adverts out if you have something already put together but arrange to see them in a week or so if you get an immediate response. I am sure once you get some enquiries it will give your enthusiasm a boost.
I recently came back from holiday - nothing like yours but coming back to being a childminder full time having finished my job before my holiday I thought I too thought I would be filled with a bit of get up and go but I too was drained and exhausted and that was just a normal holiday and back to reality feeling - nothing like the stress and emotion you have had to deal with!
Don't be too hard on yourself and give yourself a bit of time,
best wishes to you

miffy
03-05-2012, 07:04 AM
Poor you, must have been such a scary time for you all. Pleased to hear your dd is on the mend.

I'd give yourself a couple of weeks to get over your holiday - certainly doesn't sound like it was the restful time it was supposed to be - then get advertising and see what happens.

Miffy xx

notts
03-05-2012, 11:56 AM
Thanks you two :) I seem to have found a little motivation today and just posted 150 cards through doors. Good idea re arranging visits next week, assuming I get some enquiries of course! Fingers crossed x

mama2three
03-05-2012, 12:08 PM
Bless you - what a holiday!
You'll soon be back in the swing of it and minding before you know it. Hope you have lots of enquiries soon x

notts
04-05-2012, 07:30 AM
Thank you!

notts
11-05-2012, 08:17 PM
dare I say, the month from hell is behind us? Germs are receeding well, motivation stiring just a tad, even an enquiry.....dare I? :eek: