PDA

View Full Version : do you have work clothes??

adele1985
02-05-2012, 06:24 PM
Im thinking of getting a tshirt with my logo on. getting sick of my clothes getting ruiend

does anyone else wear a tshirt or top with logo on it

where will i get one from, ive seen a few online but i need bigger sizes :(

any ideas :)

sarah707
02-05-2012, 06:48 PM
Yes I have some shirts embroidered by http://www.amaranthembroidery.co.uk/Pages/default.aspx

The owner is a childminder and forum friend :D

Little Pickles
02-05-2012, 06:48 PM
I have been thinking about this too so I will be interested to see what others do too !

rickysmiths
02-05-2012, 06:57 PM
Yes in that I have several pairs of jeans and trousers and a number of tee shirts that I only wear for work so like today it doesn't matter if they get glue all over them :rolleyes:

I would hate to go out with a logo all over my clothes. I am a self employed home based childminder not an institution that wears a uniform!

sharonmanc
02-05-2012, 07:05 PM
I have plain T shrts and jeans etc, things idont mind getting dirty and that I can interact with the kids in.

miffy
02-05-2012, 07:13 PM
No special clothing here either but I've seen the ones that amaranthth does and they are greatl.

Miffy xx

Cammie Doodle
02-05-2012, 07:14 PM
When I was in Florida I bought Carolyn and I some Scrub Tops , I chose some novelty ones, our winter ones have snowmen on them. I also have tinkerbell and Hubby bought me one with pumpkins on for halloween. They were really cheap from Walmart :laughing:Sister is going in June may need some more :idea:They wash really well and the kids/ parents like them.

loocyloo
02-05-2012, 07:42 PM
i have some tshirts with childminder on the back.

other than that i have some jeans/tshirts/jumpers that i only wear for work and i wear them until they give up! (or the white tops become too hideously marked!)

notts
02-05-2012, 07:51 PM
I've seen some with all the bells and whistles, some discreet wording and logos and some without. I'm yet to have an opinion!

helengreen13
02-05-2012, 08:37 PM
I went to a print design shop and had polo shirts in size 3xl :blush: made up with our logo that I designed on the computer. The shop was in Scunthorpe. Cost me £65 for 6 tops and I love them, no wondering what to wear in the morning, White washes good and any marks can be bleached and they were tax deductible.

Helen x

mr man
02-05-2012, 08:42 PM
plain jane here.

sainsburys jeans, 2 regular 2 skinny ( great on 25% off days)
and 6 diff colour tops from matalan. simple plain tee shirt.
pumps / crocs / wellies / trainers ( depending on weather).

no prints, no names. im as simple as the come :laughing:

Tazmin68
02-05-2012, 10:53 PM
Hi
I have polo shirts and a fleece jacket with business name on them that way can be put through books
Cannot remember how much just get a few quotes over net

pinky33
03-05-2012, 06:26 AM
We get free t shirts from vista print and pay about £3 postage. Loads of designs to choose from then we add our business name on. I have now got 7 different ones and one for Christmas and one for Halloween. They go upto xxl in ladies and 3x in mens. I'm a size 24 on top and they are fine for me :)

LittleLegsCM
03-05-2012, 07:04 AM
Haha, I asked this last week :)

Ive now bought some tshirts and having 'little legs childminding' embroidered on. I want to get a couple of fleeces too but that will need to wait till next month lol x

kel1983
03-05-2012, 07:50 AM
I dont think I would want logo printed on anything. I think people tend to treat us differently if they know we are childminders.

I tend to have jean and jumpers that I only wear during the week. The weekend I wear my "best" jeans etc.

Does anyone put clothes that are not embroidered through their accounts?

Tazmin68
03-05-2012, 08:02 AM
Hi
Because the clothes have logo on the evidence is there to put them through books as workwear. It would be difficult to proof that plain clothes are for work use.

Dragonfly
03-05-2012, 08:12 AM
Jeans and a sweatshirt.I would hate to wear clothes with a logo on it, I think that should be left to nurseries etc but thats just me.

Pedagog
03-05-2012, 08:45 AM
I have got two embroidered blouses and a waterproof/fleece. I rarely wear the blouses, but wear my jacket all the time.

mindingmummy08
03-05-2012, 08:57 AM
I just buy stuff from primark to wear as work wear and my "nice" clothes I wear when I'm not working.

I did think about tshirts especially for toddler groups etc but now I'm full and not trying to get work I quite like wearing normal clothes.

adele1985
03-05-2012, 07:41 PM
Yes I have some shirts embroidered by http://www.amaranthembroidery.co.uk/Pages/default.aspx

The owner is a childminder and forum friend :D

thanks hun, ive emailed her today with my logo x

Demonjill
03-05-2012, 09:29 PM
I just like my jeans and a top or jumper/hoodie etc not my best stuff but wouldnt go out covered in glue and like to look half decent - im very careful with the glue and paint:D

I have better jeans etc to wear when im not working

mumof4
03-05-2012, 09:37 PM
I bought some tops with my name on and I love them, they are smart, a different colour for each day and a good advertising point!:D

clairelou
03-05-2012, 09:57 PM
I think i ought to, i just wear my everyday clothes, they soon get ruined.
If i bought specially logo'd clothes i could claim them as an expense