PDA

View Full Version : Possible enquiries

carebear25
02-05-2012, 05:41 PM
Hi

I have got variation in place for sibling of existing child, however he hasnt started yet as they are arguing with tax credits over payments and while he has a place at nursery, nursery are letting them pay a portion of fees so that when tax credits are sorted they can pay fees and give notice. This has been ongoing for last few weeks and now they are on holiday for a week.

Had an enquiry today for a 4mth old to start in June on 2 days which I have a space for as current mindee only does 3 days, and then increase to 4 days in sept when my son goes to school and my numbers increase for under 5's.

Have told existing parents and that unfortunately I cant hold place open forever even though they really want to put both children in my care.

My question is do I meet with new parent and advise that I may not have a place or meet and not say anything and chance that either they dont want the place or they do and then have to decide which one I do.

Argh hope that makes sense :panic:

ChocolateChip
02-05-2012, 06:53 PM
I might have read this wrong but if your variation is for the sibling then it won't cover a different child- so you can't fill his place with someone else iyswim.
The variation will be for the sibling and the sibling only.

If I have understood you correctly.

Just re-read properly :blush: so your problem will be in September, is that right?
But then won't your son create a new space?
Sorry I am being thick tonight! :o

Little Pickles
02-05-2012, 06:57 PM
If I have the chance of a vacancy coming up I will meet with prospective parents and just say that I may have a vacancy coming up but don't promise anything , that way you can meet each other and if / when the vacancy comes up you can take it further if you get on

miffy
02-05-2012, 07:24 PM
I'm a bit confused too.

I'd meet the other parents and then make the decision after that if both families want you

Miffy xx

carebear25
02-05-2012, 08:24 PM
Sorry I do have a tendancy to confuse people at times :blush:

At present I have Mindee N (18mths) on a Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday only so have a vacancy for Thursday and Friday immediately.

I was asked by parent of school mindee if I had a full time space available so I approached Ofsted for a variation for Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday to have 4 under 4's (this was approved). Sibling has not started with me yet due to tax credits problem so have been holding place until sorted (which it hasnt been).

today I had a enquiry for a Thursday and Friday place only which would fit very nicely with current mindees but would leave me unable to have sibling.

I have spoken to both parents and explained the situation and new enquiry is coming to see me tomorrow.

Bluebell
03-05-2012, 06:07 AM
could you not extend the variation to cover the other days as well? That way you could take on the Thursday, Friday child. Take on the sibling on the days you have the variation and if the extra variation comes through on the other 2 days as well. It sounds like it could be a while, if ever, before they sort their tax credits out tbh!