PDA

View Full Version : Help with linking to Eyfs please.

silvermist
02-05-2012, 03:02 PM
I have spent the whole afternoon adding photos and notes to my 8month old mindees learning journal. I have some fantastic pics of him playing with a ball with my teenage daughter. Ive been looking at the themes and commitments of the Eyfs as well as the 6 areas of learning. Ok so this is probably a really stupid question. Do I link it to these themes/commitments and to the areas of learning? Sorry but Im going a bit stir crazy today!!:)

Baildon bears
02-05-2012, 03:37 PM
Right, You need to look at the obb and work out the main area of learning, though this kind of obb can cover quite a few of the 6 areas im afraid.

But just concentrate on the main area, so if the child is trying to grasp the ball it would come under PD movement and space, if the child is make noises and getting excited it would come under CLL Language for communication. It could also cover PSRN, space shape and measures as child explores the shape of the ball. :thumbsup:

silvermist
02-05-2012, 03:56 PM
Right, You need to look at the obb and work out the main area of learning, though this kind of obb can cover quite a few of the 6 areas im afraid.

But just concentrate on the main area, so if the child is trying to grasp the ball it would come under PD movement and space, if the child is make noises and getting excited it would come under CLL Language for communication. It could also cover PSRN, space shape and measures as child explores the shape of the ball. :thumbsup:

Wow, thanks for replying. He was doing lots of burbling etc and reaching for the ball etc. Thanks hun, you're a star!

sarah707
02-05-2012, 05:11 PM
Yes as baildon bears says just link to the most obvious area of learning and development.

You can use the themes and commitments for future planning, making sure the environment meets the child's needs etc.

Hth :D

silvermist
02-05-2012, 05:14 PM
Brilliant, thanks ladies!:thumbsup: