PDA

View Full Version : dressing up clothes

Helen Dempster
02-05-2012, 12:48 PM
hiya

I was just wondering how many of you have dressing up clothes (ie 'proper' outfits, such as fireman, cowboy, nurse etc) or if you just get a bunch of different types and sizes of materials and let the children create their own from that?

I have a bit of both and have to say that the children tend to get so much more from making their own 'costumes'.

Just wondered if you agree/disagree?

Mouse
02-05-2012, 12:55 PM
I don't have any proper outfits.

My dress up box has got:

head scarves
hats
a sari
old net curtains
bags
belts
pieces of fabric
a waistcoat
etc ect

I tend to mainly look after under 3s and they can't manage to get 'proper' outfits on & off by themselves, but even the littlest ones can manage to wrap themselves up in a piece of material, or plonk a hat on their head :thumbsup:

AliceK
02-05-2012, 01:41 PM
I have both. The favourites for the under 5's at the moment are princess or fairy outfits / dresses although they are very often worn with either a witches hat or a fluffy bear head :laughing:. I have 3 little girls who all think they are princesses all of the time.

xxxx

Bridey
02-05-2012, 01:45 PM
I have all sorts of strange garments & hats but not a lot that is 'themed.'

The biggest shock I had was finding two after-school mindees dressed up as me and their mum :D

snuffy123lulu
02-05-2012, 02:58 PM
I have a rail full of all sorts, princesses, mermaid, transformer, ladybird, spider, nurse, fireman, pumpkin, cloaks etc, about 25 in all. My lot (9) all love dressing up, it's nearly always the first thing they do, girls love the bridal stuff and the boys firemen/transformer at the moment. They have bags, shoes and scarves, wands, hats etc as well. They wear it all in different combinations but the theme seems to be weddings at the moment as one has parents getting married soon.

Milli147
02-05-2012, 03:19 PM
I have a bit of both, fairies, princesses, a wedding dress and veil, policeman, firemen, knight etc, plus odds and ends of materials, a big box of hats including cowboy hats, sombrero, milkman, big wedding hats - but the things they like the best are the wigs! I have quite a few from 'proper' hair like a black bob, and a brown curly one, to a huge afro, red clown and pink glitter disco hair.

Have to say the grown ups have been known to play in the wig box too, after a few dinkies! :laughing:

Baildon bears
02-05-2012, 04:23 PM
I bought some wedding hats from the charity shop the kids love them:D, I find kids prefer the real thing, I remember my friends mum had some old ball room dresses, we loved those.

PixiePetal
02-05-2012, 04:55 PM
bit of both. I had a mindee who would not take to dressing up at all until I got pirate, indian and fireman outfits second hand. He started with those then eventually got more adventurous.

Odd hats and bags go down well too

miffy
02-05-2012, 07:46 PM
I have both - a rail full of outfits and then three boxes of hats, shoes, bags, cloaks, material etc

Both get used depending on which children I have.

Miffy xx

notts
02-05-2012, 07:48 PM
Got some great ideas here thank you

gegele
02-05-2012, 08:19 PM
i got mainly outfit but kids mismached them it;s funny.

for st george day i dressed up my under 3 1princess, 1knight and 1dragon hat on my crawling baby LOL

well cute