PDA

View Full Version : Anyone elses mindees not really interested in 'small world' toys?

nipper
02-05-2012, 10:35 AM
I have a few bits of Fisher Price small world stuff such as the farm and castle but to be honest my mindees (all girls at the moment) are happier to play with the dolls and role play toys (kitchen, shop etc). The associated figures are usually well-distributed by the end of the day though, but there doesn't seem to be much constructive play with them and I find they are taking up a lot of room. I would rather purchase some construction toys that they could really use their imagination with and problem-solving skills.

Does anyone else have the same dilemma?

Kimmy050983
02-05-2012, 10:37 AM
I have the same!! Got the little people zoo and it never ever gets played with.
Toys that are played with all the time are Duplo, play kitchen, dolls, cars and garage, books ..:rolleyes:

Mouse
02-05-2012, 10:43 AM
Me are the other way at the moment. They'd spend all day playing with the Happland toys, but never even look at the role play stuff anymore. I'm going to pack the kitchen & playfood away and get the tool bench & tools back out. I guess the children need a change!

samb
02-05-2012, 10:44 AM
I look after all boys. I have a lot of Little People sets and most have some sort of vehicle with them. I find they literally play with the vehicles - might as well just have the cars or trains out instead! Seriously the farm's out they'll play with the tractors, the zoo's out they'll play with the little trucks and wheelbarrows, the house is out they want the cars and buses, the castle's out they'll play with the horse and carriage! Lol!

They do like playing with the Peppa Pig sets I have more really but the pieces are too small and fragile to have out with the baby around (11 months) and so they can only have these things out on a Thursday when he isn't here!

Mind you even if we have duplo or mega bloks they just want to play with the associated wheeled items - perhaps building bricks on top but nothing more! i have a box each of diggers, cars, trains, planes and they are my most played with items.

nipper
02-05-2012, 10:48 AM
I've just ordered some mobilo, so at least I can show them how to construct wheeled vehicles. I think it's time for their little fingers to get to work!!