PDA

View Full Version : Double Standards??

charleyfarley
02-05-2012, 09:17 AM
I've just received a phone from the pre school where lo attends to say he'd been sick and could I collect him? :eek:

Well NO I can't have him just like they can't was my reply!!!

He's been sick so why would I have him when I follow the same rules as them.

I phoned mom to explain and she said when he is ill they have to phone her anyway and not me!!!!

Flipping preschool!!!!!!!!!!!

Carol xx

Ripeberry
02-05-2012, 09:25 AM
Maybe they were not thinking and just automatically thought of you. But I'd do the same as you. :thumbsup:

Mouse
02-05-2012, 09:27 AM
That is really annoying & I hope mum says something when she goes into collect her child.

caz3007
02-05-2012, 10:41 AM
I had this with the school, they rang and asked me to collect after schoolie as I always collected him and he had been sick....ummmm no thank you. Mum was cross they had asked me first and she collected him

EmmaReed84
02-05-2012, 10:46 AM
I have stressed to the schools and pre-schools that I am NOT an emergency contact! The only exception I made to this was when a schoolie needed some medicine for an earache and I said I would collect her so she could wait at mine for her dad rather then at school.

littlecheeks
02-05-2012, 11:45 AM
i charge for when my mindee goes to preschool so i AM the emergency contact. so if he was ill yes i would collect him, i can get there alot quicker then his parents. otherwise what am i charging for?
of course i would ring parents straight away to collect but i couldnt leave him there waiting for parents to arrive.
i suppose if you dont charge then they shouldnt ring you.

charleyfarley
02-05-2012, 12:13 PM
i charge for when my mindee goes to preschool so i AM the emergency contact. so if he was ill yes i would collect him, i can get there alot quicker then his parents. otherwise what am i charging for?
of course i would ring parents straight away to collect but i couldnt leave him there waiting for parents to arrive.

I do charge for when at preschool BUT sickness is different, if they can't have them then nor can I!!!!! After all they know the rules!!!
Mom is first call, then Dad and then me but only as carer so why should they call me first???

Mom certainly isn't happy with them

Carol xx

sophia36
02-05-2012, 01:51 PM
I agree with you. I would have said no, no way! If the pre school are sending home because he has been sick then you shouldn't have him anyway. They should always ring parents.

onceinabluemoon
02-05-2012, 07:06 PM
I've had it the other way around, preschool called mum, mum told them to call me...

miffy
02-05-2012, 07:10 PM
I've had it the other way around, preschool called mum, mum told them to call me...

I have had the same with school :rolleyes:

Miffy xx

Cammie Doodle
02-05-2012, 07:29 PM
I have been emergency contact for years at our local Schools,if school closed, bad weather etc, but not for "sick" kids, not fair on me or Mindees :rolleyes:

zippy
02-05-2012, 07:38 PM

I do the same.:)

gegele
02-05-2012, 07:46 PM
parents are commuters so i always pick up while parents arrange other emegency pick up.

schools sometimes over react. i had a schoolie who had full face collision with other kid. he went pale and had lip bleed which settled. mum called for me to pick up and phone her back to tell her how he really was.

i arrived at school, they had him sitting on the floor with 2staff member with their sympathetic face, asking in their silly mary poppins voice "are you ok####, you look soooooo pale, it look sooopainfuuulllll..." my mindee was doing his pussy in boot impression, big sad eyes, looking pityful....
he saw me, gave me a smile. I checked me over, told him he looked like a king with all his staff... he got up and asked me if he was eating lunch at mine or his!!!!!:laughing::laughing:

i think it's better for kids to wait at ours when there;s a long wait than school,

tialil
02-05-2012, 08:36 PM
I would have done exactly the same.

I am on call for the preschoolers BUT I make sure parents/carers know that I will collect for bumps etc but if they are vomiting or having an upset tummy then parent/carer collects. The 48 hr rule applies wether we are paid to be on call or not otherwise they might as well be with us in our setting
and we forget about the 48 hr rule.