PDA

View Full Version : Hi viz vests

stargazer1
02-05-2012, 08:40 AM
Does anyone use hi viz vests/waistcoats, the type you can have printed with "I'm with my childminder" type messages? If so, where is the best place to order from. Thanks lovelies!

Bridey
02-05-2012, 08:46 AM
I'd love to ... just to see the faces of the 8-13 year olds I mind!! :laughing:

dette
02-05-2012, 10:07 AM
i use hi vis vests but not with a logo on..i got mine off ebay or amazon .my LO's love them
cant get my assistant to wear one (shes 29) dont know why i think she looks cute :)

WibbleWobble
02-05-2012, 12:39 PM
i use them for all mindees...aged 12 months to 10 years.

they have

"i am with my childminder" and my mobile on.

got them from this company

http://www.kidshivis.co.uk/

parents love them.

mandy xxxx

Smiley
02-05-2012, 12:52 PM
I have never used them as i personally do not want to draw attention to the fact that these are not my children. It is also possible to get wrist bands with the same information on

loocyloo
02-05-2012, 01:16 PM
i use hi viz jackets from ikea!

i don't have my details on them, although my phone number is on the label inside! like smiley, i don't want to advertise the fact that they are not my children, plus my own children wear them when i am working!

i use them so i can spot my children when out and about! as well as for school runs all year round.

mummyof3
02-05-2012, 01:24 PM

Me too especially my gobby 9yr old :laughing:

NicoleW
02-05-2012, 04:07 PM
I will be getting some in September time.

miffy
02-05-2012, 07:39 PM

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Miffy xx

gegele
02-05-2012, 08:11 PM
i understand why using them but i don't like the fact that the kids stick out like sore thumbs....even if that;s the idea IYKWIM

i'm considering having t-shirt printed and put it on top of their clothes when out .

will buy high vis for school run in sept though think there;re good especially in winter

stargazer1
03-05-2012, 08:28 AM
Thanks for the replies, I love hearing the different opinions on here. I understand not wanting people to think they are not mine, but to be honest if I am walking 6 home after school, I think I am a bit scared that people will think they ARE all mine!!! :laughing::laughing::laughing:

I think I will leave them for the summer months but will invest in some for the winter, sometimes its very dark and dreary at school run times so cant do any harm to be careful x

Pedagog
03-05-2012, 08:36 AM
One of the first things I purchased when I started Childminding were Hi-Vis Vests with my logo on. Whenever we are out, whatever the weather all children in my care where one (including my 12 year old son).