PDA

View Full Version : Late payment fees

buzzy bee
02-05-2012, 07:47 AM
For those of you who charge parents for late payments, just wondering how much you charge and whether this is per day or a one-off payment?

All my parents pay me on time except for one, and she is late pretty much every month. It's so frustrating because she just ignores my reminder texts and never apologises for being late. I even added something to my invoices about having my direct debits coming out of my bank account - which I added for her benefit. But that hasn't done any good.

So I've decided I'm going to start charging late fees.

I'm going to write a letter "to all parents" but only give it to her, because all the rest are fine!!

Just don't know how much to charge her??

marnieb
02-05-2012, 07:58 AM
£10-£15 a day is the norm.

Word your letter something like this:

Just a reminder that all fees are to be cleared in my Bank Account by the first of the month. This means that voucher payments will need to be authorised at least 5 working days beforehand. If your fees are not in my account by the 1st, then you will be charged a £10 a day late fee until cleared funds are in my account.

Then next month on the day text her to remind her, and if she chooses to ignore it present her with a new invoice at the end of the week with the new total on it.

AliceK
02-05-2012, 09:05 AM
I charge 10% per day. I've only had to charge it twice for 2 different parents.

xxx

littlecheeks
02-05-2012, 11:51 AM
i charge £5 fee if its late and £1 per day until it is paid. x

Tealady
02-05-2012, 11:57 AM
I charge £5 per day.

However, what do you have in your contract / policies. You may not be able to charge anything if it's not in there somewhere, without whatever notice you have agreed for changes to take place.

buzzy bee
02-05-2012, 12:03 PM
I charge £5 per day.

However, what do you have in your contract / policies. You may not be able to charge anything if it's not in there somewhere, without whatever notice you have agreed for changes to take place.

Thanks everyone.

There is nothing in my contract at the moment - other than the due date being 1st.

So I was planning to give her 4 weeks notice - this is the notice period on the contract so I assume this is also the period to make changes??

Tippy Toes
02-05-2012, 12:44 PM
For those of you who charge parents for late payments, just wondering how much you charge and whether this is per day or a one-off payment?

All my parents pay me on time except for one, and she is late pretty much every month. It's so frustrating because she just ignores my reminder texts and never apologises for being late. I even added something to my invoices about having my direct debits coming out of my bank account - which I added for her benefit. But that hasn't done any good.

So I've decided I'm going to start charging late fees.

I'm going to write a letter "to all parents" but only give it to her, because all the rest are fine!!

Just don't know how much to charge her??

I charge £5 for each day fees become over due. xx

miffy
02-05-2012, 07:42 PM
Thanks everyone.

There is nothing in my contract at the moment - other than the due date being 1st.

So I was planning to give her 4 weeks notice - this is the notice period on the contract so I assume this is also the period to make changes??

If you want to change the contract to add in the late payment charges then yes I would agree you should give her four weeks notice.

I charge £5.00 per day late fee until all fees are paid.

Miffy xx