PDA

View Full Version : feeling like the worst childminder

lulubelle
01-05-2012, 04:34 PM
picked lo (5 yrs) up from school and came back to my house to drop her off with my assistant as i had to go and pick another one up from a club at another school, anyway she was getting her things from the car so i opened front passenger door to get her epi pen to leave with my assistant. i shut the door and she screemed, somehow she had put her fingers through to the front door and i had shut them in!!!

she understandably was very upset, very red fingers which i put a cold compress straight on, panic set in as i wanted to get her checked out but also knew i had to pick the other mindee up from after school club 5 miles away! Luckily her mum arrived (early) just after it happened! She said she would keep on eye on it and get them checked out if need be and was really lovely about it, shes a nurse anyway so i am sure she will know if something is wrong!

on the plus side it has really made me realise i just can not keep doing the crazy school runs i do and from september i will be dropping the school run 5 miles away. I hope i can find closer work to replace it but if not we will just have to cope until i do!

BucksCM
01-05-2012, 04:54 PM
Oi...get to the back of the line :D:laughing:
I did that to a mindee years ago between the car doors...flat as anything they were! I took him straight down to the doctors(2 minutes away) so someone could look at them.
He was fine, apart from the pain:eek:
Accidents happen:thumbsup:

SYLVIA
01-05-2012, 07:19 PM
I did this a few weeks ago. I was doing pre school run. LO climbed in the back door and I opened the front one to put drawings and coats in. As I shut the door she held on to the middle door post and I shut her fingers in. I felt awful!

ajs
01-05-2012, 07:32 PM
Was so close to doing that today little one climbed into the back back and I was just about to shut the door when I saw her hand still holding the frame. Made me feel sick just thinking how close I was to shutting her fingers in the door.
Don't blame yourself accidents happen

SandCastles
01-05-2012, 08:13 PM
Yikes, I nearly caught my lo fingers in my front door this morning, she was still holding onto the door frame while the door was shutting, she just moved them away in time.
Accidents happen and so do near misses..