PDA

View Full Version : 15m old hitting/pushing

VINASOL
01-05-2012, 12:50 PM
Need advice on how to manage this behaviour. He smacks, hits, pushes etc and although I do say 'don't hit/smack etc' it still goes on...he's smacked me in the face on many ocassions (and mum too). I do put him on a sort of time out, so after first warning he gets toy taken off him and then he is put on the sofa to 'chill out'...although he is only 15m so am not sure what he understands.

A girl mindee who I have once a week was clearly scared of him this morning (she is 2) and it took some time to convince her that she was safe.

I know that he does get discplined at home and he is always picking on his older sibling.

Any suggestions?

The Juggler
01-05-2012, 01:12 PM
i have a little one who can be like that. If I'm holding her she goes down and other child gets lots of attention.

I tell her that's not nice, we don't hit and 'look x is sad now'.

If she's on the floor I pick her up and move her to another place and comfort other child - going a bit OTT and say no, gentle hands.

It's a repetitive process but it's getting better slowly and not nearly so frequent.:)

PixiePetal
01-05-2012, 01:54 PM
i have a little one who can be like that. If I'm holding her she goes down and other child gets lots of attention.

I tell her that's not nice, we don't hit and 'look x is sad now'.

If she's on the floor I pick her up and move her to another place and comfort other child - going a bit OTT and say no, gentle hands.

It's a repetitive process but it's getting better slowly and not nearly so frequent.:)

same here.

15month girl mindee goes for 3yr old brother (or anyone else nearby!) has begun biting too so I am forever on watch. She understands something as she then throws herself on floor in floods of tears and gets up to give a kiss! :rolleyes:

*Katrina*
01-05-2012, 02:16 PM
This sounds just like my 19 month old daughter, she doesn't do it to anyone apart from myself, husband and our 6 year old son :panic:
I tell her it's not nice and make a sad face but she laughs!! :eek:
If she does it to my son I move her away and say not nice, be gentle but again she will laugh!
I am starting to think time out may have to be introduced soon - but then she is a few months older than your mindee.