PDA

View Full Version : Eating

handeme
01-05-2012, 12:30 PM
What do you all do about mindees that refuse to eat what you have given them, when you are aware they like it.

For instance for lunch today we are having spag bol, banana and fromage Frais. My mindee loves all of this but point blank refuses to eat it and he is sat tantruming at the kitchen table.

I have asked him to try it and he put some in his mouth then spat it on the table :angry:

If I gave him the yoghurt he would eat it down and probably ask for more.

What do you all do in these situations?

X

LittleLegsCM
01-05-2012, 12:40 PM
I have an after schoolie who is extremely difficult with food and I mean really bad!! His mum gave me a list of food he likes (as the 'non-liked' food far outweighs what he will eat!) and even with that he still has days where he refuses to even try something (even though I know he 100% likes it!) if he refuses to eat it, his mum has agreed I don't make him anything else but he still sits at the table with the rest of the kids as it wouldn't be fair if he played while they weren't allowed to.
Unfortunately we're still having troubles with it so although I haven't got any advice (sorry) I just thought I'd say your not alone! X

Belly2009
01-05-2012, 12:43 PM
Same three!!

See my post with the issues im having! Its getting to the point of me saying enough is enough but without saying supply your own food I dont know what else to do!

:)

I have an after schoolie who is extremely difficult with food and I mean really bad!! His mum gave me a list of food he likes (as the 'non-liked' food far outweighs what he will eat!) and even with that he still has days where he refuses to even try something (even though I know he 100% likes it!) if he refuses to eat it, his mum has agreed I don't make him anything else but he still sits at the table with the rest of the kids as it wouldn't be fair if he played while they weren't allowed to.
Unfortunately we're still having troubles with it so although I haven't got any advice (sorry) I just thought I'd say your not alone! X

handeme
01-05-2012, 12:46 PM
Thanks, its so frustrating.

I only ever offer things I know they like and if we are trying something new and they don't eat any then I understand it might be a general dislike so offer something else.

I don't want to get into the situation of making different meals for everyone.

marnieb
01-05-2012, 12:47 PM
i supply all meals and sncaks, BUT when signing contracts and going thru policies I give them my Healthy Eating one and explain it to them. All children are given the same meal, and are expected to eat it. If a child has an allergy or an extreme dislike of something, then I will incorporate that, but I have no time for fussiness and I am not cooking 2 or 3 meals a night.

Children that decide they will not eat something are given nothing until next meal time. This is how I feed my own children and as a cm I see myself as defacto mum and I will treat my mindees the same as my own children.

handeme
01-05-2012, 01:06 PM
i supply all meals and sncaks, BUT when signing contracts and going thru policies I give them my Healthy Eating one and explain it to them. All children are given the same meal, and are expected to eat it. If a child has an allergy or an extreme dislike of something, then I will incorporate that, but I have no time for fussiness and I am not cooking 2 or 3 meals a night.

Children that decide they will not eat something are given nothing until next meal time. This is how I feed my own children and as a cm I see myself as defacto mum and I will treat my mindees the same as my own children.

I too have a policy for that x

cathtee
01-05-2012, 07:53 PM

I am exactly the same, if one lo gets a different meal then they would all want to do the same it would be a nightmare:(

One meal for all:)