PDA

View Full Version : Sand / water play

Brisk
01-05-2012, 12:01 PM
Hi lovely people...

I have recently been doing my planning and so on and looking back through my training for ideas and I found a weekly plan sheet which I'm going to copy bits from. But it has loads of things under the heading 'continuous provision' such as sand and water play. We do do some of these things but I don't have that kind of thing available all the time, mostly for safety reasons as my living room is pretty small but also because it can get a bit messy.

So I just wanted to know, does everyone usually have those kind of things continuously available? I'm expecting my first inspection pretty soon and I don't want to lose marks for not having it available if everyone else does...

*worrying*

Thanks x

buzzy bee
01-05-2012, 12:08 PM
I have a sand table in my garden which was full of sand last summer but this year I'm just going to do water because the sand got everywhere last year.

If you don't have an outside space you could always do something each week like indoor water play or rice / dried pasta etc. I think that would still count as continuous provision, without you having to have it out continuously.

CH1957
01-05-2012, 12:13 PM
I have sand/water outside and rice/pasta indoors - minimises the mess! :D