PDA

View Full Version : Worried about inspection.

Tippy Toes
30-04-2012, 02:58 PM
Hi All

I'm so worried about my inspection. I'm on pins everyday waiting and just cant relax. I have been registered for 3 years so this will be my 3rd inspection (last one was approx 2yrs ago.)

Just worried I'm doing something wrong, or not doing enough, worried my house isn't immaculate.

I'm a worrier anyway,

Was talking to a friend who is a childminder too, She had her inspection recently and the inspector was there fore over 3hrs!

Not sure why I'm writing this, but just needed to get it out.

Thanks for listening xx

aly
30-04-2012, 03:00 PM
my inspector had to be with me for no less thatn an hour...i had been a guinea pig for the new way of doing the inspection...ie she only wanted to see me with the kids, my first aid cert, my insurance and that was it no paperwork etc which i was gutted aout, but at least next time it will eb sorted, but it will be in a year again though.

dont worry you will be good.

jelly15
30-04-2012, 03:13 PM
I know it is hard not to worry, I did myself. My recent inspection was my second (not including the pre reg one) and it took an hour and a half but it flew. The inspector was nice and helpful and she said that the CSSIW are there to help us be the best we can.

The children I had that day were unusually whiney but she reassured me that she could see I was dealing with the unwanted behaviour correctly. My friend has her inspection a week later and she was a nervous wreck but the inspector said they allow for nerves when inspecting.

I am sure it will all be fine for you.

manjay
30-04-2012, 04:04 PM
You will be fine! They are there to help and advise you. I think we are lucky that we don't get a 'label' based on a snapshot of our practice that sticks with you for 3 years like they do in England.

My inspector has just called to make an appointment:rolleyes:. She needs to make sure she comes when my husband is here or she will have to make 2 journeys. I kind of feel cheated as I like the unannounced as it I think it gives a genuine picture of what your practice is like (but then I am slightly mad;))

What will be will be:thumbsup:

Tippy Toes
01-05-2012, 08:44 AM
Thanks all, it has to be done so I know I should relax.

My last inspection (2yrs ago) was fine, but I worried myself silly before it! Seem to be doing the same thing again!!! :blush:

Good luck to everyone awaiting inspection xx