PDA

View Full Version : *BLEURGH!!!!*

LittleLegsCM
30-04-2012, 02:03 PM
Why do parents insist on sending the cheapest, nastist wet wipes possible?!?!

You know the ones that fall apart as soon as you pull them out the pack (that's when you can actually get 1 out without the rest following) & then you have to use 3/4 more than you really should need to just to do the job. *bleurgh!*

Sorry, just mini rant of the day! Lol x

ziggy
30-04-2012, 02:09 PM
i'm about to remind parents to send enough wipes......fed up of finding only 2 or 3 left in packet

EmmaReed84
30-04-2012, 02:14 PM
Well I just read this thread and had to laugh. I had just been changing one mindees bottom, in the hallway and using their awful wipes thinking the same thing, when after throwing the nappy away and washing my hands I find the other mindee quietly sat with my MY packet of huggues wet wipes pulling them out one by one and wiping his nose one EACH ONE! :rolleyes: Cheers! lol

My face :eek: his face :D me :panic: him :littleangel:

LittleLegsCM
30-04-2012, 02:40 PM
I personally use cloth nappies on my boy and 85% of the time also use reusable wipes but we always have a huge stash of Huggies pure wipes around. We always stock up when they're on offer.

I would seriously tell everyone in the world to avoid asda smart price wipes! They are pointless! I have to deal with them 3 days a week and they have got to be the worst out there!!

LittleLegsCM
30-04-2012, 02:40 PM
My face :eek: his face :D me :panic: him :littleangel:

hehehe love it!

boxtree7
30-04-2012, 02:41 PM
Cheap nappies are the worst ! ASDA own. :panic:

Rubybubbles
30-04-2012, 02:43 PM
maybe mention that you dont feel there are doing the job - or buy your own and put it through your books:thumbsup: or use a good one, followed by a quick wipe with theirs:laughing:

not sure my minidies always had adsa own ones (not smart price) and I found them fine.

LittleLegsCM
30-04-2012, 02:43 PM
Cheap nappies are the worst ! ASDA own. :panic:

Agreed! They shouldn't be allowed to produce nappy/wipe products!

tinkerbelle
30-04-2012, 03:12 PM
cheap plastic nappies that are £1 for 12 are the worst thing ever one mum insists on sending them or a 1 year old in bloomin pull ups

rickysmiths
30-04-2012, 03:18 PM
I supply wipes I don't have mindees bags left in the house! So I choose to use the good quality ones. My parents only supply nappies.

amanda1309
30-04-2012, 03:24 PM
My parents only supply nappies as I was sick of having loads of wipes lying about the house

CH1957
30-04-2012, 08:37 PM
cheap plastic nappies that are £1 for 12 are the worst thing ever one mum insists on sending them or a 1 year old in bloomin pull ups

Pull ups are my pet hate too. Why put pull ups on an 18 month who is nowhere near being potty trained?! They leak everywhere because they are too big for her - hate them :angry:

PixiePetal
30-04-2012, 08:44 PM
I buy my own wipes and ask parents to supply if they want any different - no one ever has :thumbsup:

I keep cheap nappies in as spares for when I forget to ask for a new pack :o

pinkbutterfly
30-04-2012, 09:03 PM
I use Tesco value. Nothing wrong with the cheap ones. The trick is in preparation. I always get a few out before I undo their nappy.

wendywu
30-04-2012, 09:07 PM
[
QUOTE=pinkbutterfly;1092992]I use Tesco value. Nothing wrong with the cheap ones. The trick is in preparation. I always get a few out before I undo their nappy.

[/QUOTE]

Yep and me i use a hand full in one go, wads of them :laughing:

Demonjill
30-04-2012, 09:37 PM
I use my own wipes :thumbsup:

Sometimes parents send wipes but they are usually huggies:thumbsup:

LittleLegsCM
01-05-2012, 05:54 AM
It's not the prep, it's the fact they're so thin and fall apart so easy, not nice in the middle of a vile nappy :doh: Lol x

Chimps Childminding
01-05-2012, 06:32 AM
I supply wipes unless parents want a particular brand!! I usually have Johnsons, but it depends whats on offer!! I don't like the value ones, they are so small and so thin you need half a pack to do a dirty bum :eek:

migimoo
01-05-2012, 08:30 AM
I used to look after one little boy who's mum thought the higher the number on the nappy-the higher the absorbency....for example she was putting a size 5/5+ nappy on him at 14mnts(he was a very slim,petite boy) and wondering aloud why they were leaking,
Struggled to keep a straight face explaining that the number was actually the size and they were leaking as all baggy-the scary thing was she had 2 other kids!!

Milli147
01-05-2012, 08:37 AM
Pull ups are my pet hate too. Why put pull ups on an 18 month who is nowhere near being potty trained?! They leak everywhere because they are too big for her - hate them :angry:

Pull ups are the work of the devil - I HATE them. It confuses the children and delays potty training. And as DH used to work for a company that produces them I know for a fact that they are the manufacturers way of keeping children in nappies for longer. It's not for our benefit, its all about the money :rolleyes:

funemnx
01-05-2012, 11:57 AM
I've always wondered if the parents get some vouchers or something when their child is about 1 as all of mine over the last 5 years seem to come with pull-ups on for a few months at about that age? Hmmm.....

As for the cheap wipes, I use Tesco own brand (not value) they seem quite good. I would get confused if I had to remember which wipes belonged in which bag!! :panic: