PDA

View Full Version : Environmental Health visiting next tuesday, what will they do?

Tippy Toes
30-04-2012, 09:31 AM
Hi All

Have envio health visiting next tuesday, just wondering what they will do when they are here?

Stressed out as have my CSSIW unannounced inspection anytime, this food inspection next week and on top of that have been unwell over a week! Argghh.

Sorry for the moan, thanks for any help/advice xx

samb
30-04-2012, 09:40 AM
Mine was very straight forward. He went through some questions about how I store/manage temperatures/cleaning etc all based on the food business for childminders ring binder. He asked if I had gone through it and looked to see if I had written anything. He walked in to my kitchen, didn't open anything or look that in depth and said that was all! He phoned about half hour before he came and although I had a quick wipe round it looked like it always does. His comments to me where suggestions - to get a fridge thermometer if I felt the need and to write 1 thing a month in the back of the ring binder so that I could show I was continually keeping an eye on safe practise. He said just write things like "date; problem:spillage; action:wiped surface and mopped floor" Really wasn't a problem at all. Just have a quick read through to refamiliarise yourself. I am sure you do it all naturally anyway. :thumbsup:

AliceK
30-04-2012, 09:54 AM
When they came to me she sat down with me initially and asked me a load of questions, really quite basic stuff. After we had chatted for about 15mins she had a quick look in my downstairs toilet and then the kitchen, the main thing she looked at were the fridges and freezers. She said the seal was damaged on one of my fridge doors and that i should have it replaced. When I asked her how easy that was she didn't know so she said I could just put some tape on it instead :rolleyes:. Which I have done.
It really isn't anything to worry about.

xxxxx

Tippy Toes
01-05-2012, 08:43 AM
Thanks for your replies, you have helped xx

sarahjane
01-05-2012, 08:49 AM
When I had mine she came in and had a glance around the kitchen, then went through the basic questions about shopping, storing, cleaning etc. She took the fridge temperature.
I was abit worried about my dog who stays in the kitchen while I'm working but she was fine with that as long as I had something written down in the Better food file about checking food for dog hairs before I serve it and that was about it really