PDA

View Full Version : ICP course?

Ebs71
02-06-2008, 08:21 PM
How long is the course for and how long is the exam (time span)?

Im currently on waiting list for my area, and getting worried about what lies ahead. :panic:

Any advice or help please? xx

aly
02-06-2008, 09:03 PM
Im on week 3 of mine. its for 6 weeks [mine is anyway] and the 7th week is the exam which should take about 45 mins. about half hour or so before is a little session.

hth

Cazz
02-06-2008, 10:12 PM
I'm the same as Aly - on week 3 of my course (but not the same one!) and it is 6 evenings (first week - 2 hours, other 5 weeks - 2 and a half hours). At the end of that there is a 5 hour child protection session on the Saturday and my exam will be a couple of weeks later and is 45 minutes long as Aly said. I have also done the first aid course which was meant to be 16 hours over 2 saturdays but our tutor managed to get everything covered so we got home earlier.

Good luck with it all!

Carole x

P.S. Don't worry about the ICP course - I am finding it really interesting and it is mainly group discussions and scenario's. You also get handouts each week so you can refer to them before the exam.

Annie_T
03-06-2008, 03:03 PM
my icp course was 3 saturdays in a row 9.30am-2.35/2.55/2.30 (checked my book for that lol)
I then had to wait a month for my exam which is only 1hr and bit long

then a few months for result .. if that anyhow.
also had a breifign session soemtime before the course started where i was given every booklet, form etc possible to become a childminder lol

It does depend on the area you are in i think to how long the course lasts etc

hope this helps hun

Ripeberry
03-06-2008, 06:27 PM
Can anyone tell me if they mark you down as being "not in attendance" if you are a little bit late, lets say by 10-15mins?
My husband does not get home until 7pm some nights and the ICP course starts then!
It would take me 15 mins to get to the venue, he will try his best to get in earlier but it's still close!
In my area, you have to have 100% attendance.

katickles
03-06-2008, 06:34 PM
My course was 6 weeks but we didn't have to sit an exam :clapping:

If we missed a session - we would have to arrange to attend one as unless we completed all 6 sessions we wouldn't get our certificate & wouldn't pass so to say.

I think if you explained about the 15 mins you might be ok. I was the same my hubby didn't finish at a time whereby i could get to the course on time so i arranged for Nana to come & sit with her for 1/2 hour or so.

:)

FizzysFriends
03-06-2008, 07:46 PM
Im doing mine at home and its says allow 12 hours to do the course.

vickie83
05-06-2008, 11:34 AM
Fizzy who you doing yours through?

caza
05-06-2008, 11:46 AM
I just booked my ICP course and it is over 3 weeks. 5 hours every tuesday and I think exam is done on the last day.

foxy lady
05-06-2008, 11:50 AM
the exam is 45 mins
you can leave when you have finished your paper some people left after 15 mins
i stayed the whole 45 mins and went over and over my answers just to be sure
when i looked uo there was only 5 of us left in the room at the end :laughing: :laughing: there was about 17 when we started
still i passed first time when i no others who didnt( whos laughing now):thumbsup:

mummyof3
07-06-2008, 08:57 PM
My course is 9wks (2hrs a week). I too was very worried before I started but I now really enjoy going each week. We have a really good laugh on our course as well if (sorry I mean WHEN) I pass I am thinking of doing the next level I've enjoyed it that much!:thumbsup:

aly
07-06-2008, 09:37 PM
we had a few late people on monday, there were 5 of us for about 10-15 mins but then another 4 turned up.

this week was quiet with parking every other week and it been a ****** to park, so she waits for a bit because of this

just mention it they should be ok

FizzysFriends
08-06-2008, 07:21 AM
Fizzy who you doing yours through?

Childcare Study, I think they are the local ones, the council said they will pay for training through these or NEC.

There wasn't an option to do it locally.